• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whose white '02 is on the February '02 Calendar?

02fanatic

Very clean look.....are those Borrani steel wheels?...sweet!

Nice humble living quarters in the background, but where the hell is the garage man???? :-)

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

The car rides on 1968 Opel Ralle wheels made by the same company that did wheels for BMW--starts with an "L". Centercaps are from the E30 steel wheel parts bin.

The location shot is from the Oldfields–Lilly House on the campus of the Indianapolis Museum of Art. No visible carriage house that I can see.

I bought the car in 2005 from Peter Sliskovich in S. California. If anyone knows the history of this car, VIN 1661250 please let me know. The story is the original owner died, family had the car, kept it in storage for 7-8 years and then was sold to Peter who in turn fliped it to me. I paid for a State of CA owner records search which had:

Owner Name: 00/00/0000

New owner Name: some date in 1998

Peter Sliskovitch: 02/**/2005

This sort-of checks out with the story of being a "one family owner" car before Peter got it, but I don't have any other history.

Thanks everyone!

Ben

post-372-136675737373_thumb.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

That's interesting....

Re the wheels: I'm surprised I didn't recognize them as I used to have two Opels...one a '70 GT the other a '67 Rallye Kadette (or was it a '68?). I loved the GT...I hated the Kadette (a real dog).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Very pretty car...some more pix would be great.

Thanks

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

those used by BMW--same mfg--Lemmerz, and came in 4.5 and 5" rim widths. The Opel wagons of 1970 or so vintage and later used the plain 5" rims long before 5" tii rims were available--put 'em on my '69 about 1971 or so...the only difference was that the relationship between the three ears on the wheel that the hubcap clipped to and the hole for the valve stem was different on the Opel and BMW wheel so that the valve stem hole in the BMW wheel cover didn't align with the valve stem on the Opel wheel. Otherwise they worked just fine.

The Opel wheels came in several flavors: plain (just like the BMW wheels), slotted (like in Ben's picture) in both paint and chrome and styled as was used on the Opel GT and late Rallyes. All were 13" with a 4x100mm lug pattern...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite