• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help deciding on wheels

grmnclassic

I have been looking into different options for wheels and wanted to go with something kinda retro looking but different on 02s. I currently have 13x6 mesh wheels w gold centers on my car. On saturday I was lucky enough to find a set of 14x6 wheels from a Maserati biturbo that are very similar to the old style bottle tops that I have seen on a couple of 02s. I am leaning more toward them because of their simple clean look. I will need to have them redrilled to cut the lug bores by 1mm on each opening.

Suggestion would be appreciated. Please feel free to give opinions.

Thanks!!

Alonso

post-1040-13667573928668_thumb.jpg

post-1040-13667573929791_thumb.jpg

post-1040-13667573930996_thumb.jpg

Guest bruno74tii

and should look right on the '02. When you have the stud holes bored out, ask what particular type of nut you will need to secure them, since the shoulder taper may change from what you used on the BBSes.

Thanks for the input Esty, Jerry, Kangarooboy and Bruno!

I have really been leaning much more toward the Maserati wheels. The simplicity is what sealed the deal for me and convinced me to buy them. I will drop them of today at the machine shop and might even have them back by the weekend in time to pick up tires and fit them on my car.

I'll post b4 and after pics once they are on.

Thanks!!

Alonso