• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

clutch master cylinder grommet

mleach

So...

the grommet between the feeder tube and the CMC is allowing all of my juices to flow all over the ground. Is there a replacement or common fix for this peice or am I stuck buying a new Master Cylinder? Could I tap the MC with a NPT fitting and slip a hose over it?

Im sick of filling up my resevoir.

matt

have you inspected the fitting to ensure that the flared end is indeed properly seated within the CMC hole? i found it near impossible to install the tube properly seated in the CMC grommet with the grommet in place. i literally had to slide the grommet all the way down from the other end (using glycerine to assist) then wiggle it into the CMC. oh yea, i did this with the CMC on my workbench. i couldn't imagine trying to seat that tube properly with restricted access of an installed CMC.

your idea of installing an NPT fitting sounds like a good idea. i believe there is sufficient metal in the casting to cut threads. you'll definitely want to remove the CMC and disassemble it to do this though (metal filings).

try it and report back

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa