• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii fuel injection tools worth anything?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

my buddy has a bunch of tii injection specialty tools that he doesnt use anymore. i want to buy them since i still mess with 02s on a regular basis but dont have a clue what to offer. cant find this stuff on ebay.

list includes: pulley remover of kugelfisher pump, setting guage for cold start valve, hook tool for locking pump, pin for setting throttle plate, guage for linkage adjustment link, brass tweezers for removal of injector pump check valves, timing chain turn tools for double and single chain, clutch wear guage, pliers for removal of heater control u-joints, kuger manual, etc. does anyone have a rough guess as to what these might be worth or know where i might be able to price them?

don't know how much these'll fetch but i can guess there's a bunch of envious people reading your post. if all those were placed on eBay i'm sure they'd command in excess of $150 and possibly more. inspite of the fact that most are easily made. having OEM is like jewlery in the toolbox.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

You might want to search Ebay for prices on Tii injection tools - I seem to recall something from 2-3 years back.

If nothing else, you'd have a set of tools the Tii crowd (like me) would be envious of!

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Jaymic still sells some of these tools but many are NLA. A new throttle plate pin and hook for setting kfish just sold on ebay for $26 if that gives you an idea. The whole set is probably worth $250 - offer him $25 and settle for something in the middle. If you ever want to sell them, let me know - I've been using home-made for years.

'73 tii #2793786

'97 328ic

'03 Escalade (wife's)

I saw an original BMW mechanic's tii set-up tool set in a wooden fold-out cabinet on ebay quite a few years ago, and it went for something ridiculous...way over $500 as I recall....I remember it was way too rich for my blood! :-)

But, like others have said, most of the tools are available or can be make.

I'd keep em if I were you.

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

These guys are all yankin yer chain.

The tools are basically a dime a dozen. As with everything else on ebay, a lot of people over pay for stuff they can get at the corner store.

I'll help you out and trade a you a really nice (hardly worn) KGB racing T-shirt for the tools. I'll probably just melt them down and make an ashtray. The KGB shirt...naw, there's an item that will be skyrocketing in value!

:^)

Really, they are worth what you want to pay. Just know that you can make/find just about all the tools for very few dollars.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes