• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Need a Contact # for Al at Seams Perfect!!!

02unaboy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinepig.......that's pretty funny.

Yep....$125 to $90. You all were close. ;-)

Glad the FAQ got over $200 that month from all of us.

(p)esty writes: "you doing the thinkin for the whole forum now jer""

Nope, just a strong majority......although I bet that's shrunk rather severely after a lot of facts came out. Still doesn't support your lack of decorum though, (p)est.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

i got my carpet kit mid-january.

now, i'm not gonna SAY that it had anything to do with me initiating a 'notice of intent' with Paypal before the 45 day expiration date occurred.

BUT,

it wasn't long after that, before i actually received my FIRST email from Al acknowledging my order and wondering why i filed first before trying to contact him. i very politely replied that i was merely protecting my interests in that i was under a 45 day time limit and that i hoped he would understand.

to his credit, he accepted my explanation and i received the carpet before the deadline for me to file a formal claim.

our email exchanges were courteous and 'matter-of-fact', and i made it clear that i was only filing so that i would not forfeit my right to file.

for those who haven't initiated a notice with paypal within the 45 day limit, i extend my sincerest wishes on your behalf.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

how would one file a claim when you took a carpet set to alleviate a debt the carpet maker owed you? i think im fucked. oh well. one more vendor added to my blacklist along with wayzata amoco,rainbow foods, officemax and many more

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Guest Anonymous

Nope, just a strong majority......

Jerry

Don't make any false assumptions that it is a majority when you don't know for sure.

My guess is that the majority sways the other way, and your mindless drivel isn't helping Al or anyone else at all.

No false assumption made..........

There's actually quantitative proof. There was a *fun* poll to ban esty. Whoops, I was wrong.....not to ban barely won. There were also less than 40 votes. I stand 100% corrected. But, do you really think the majority of FAQ'ers like the sniping and the fighting? I think people like to know that a vendor isn't delivering. I grant that point, all night long.

By the way, I'm not defending Al, nor do I think I'm doing him any good. I can't defend the indefensible. Simply put, he HAS to back-end deliver everything he's sold. Barring that, he's pretty much on the outs......even with me, since I'm now in the queue. That's why I put myself in the queue because even I need proof now, that he'll deliver.

I'll miss the $125, but that's a small amount versus what I would have sunk for a wool headliner, wool carpet, recovered Recaros, and a full install.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

No false assumption made..........

There's actually quantitative proof. There was a *fun* poll to ban esty. Whoops, I was wrong.....not to ban barely won. There were also less than 40 votes. I stand 100% corrected. But, do you really think the majority of FAQ'ers like the sniping and the fighting? I think people like to know that a vendor isn't delivering. I grant that point, all night long.

By the way, I'm not defending Al, nor do I think I'm doing him any good. I can't defend the indefensible. Simply put, he HAS to back-end deliver everything he's sold. Barring that, he's pretty much on the outs......even with me, since I'm now in the queue. That's why I put myself in the queue because even I need proof now, that he'll deliver.

I'll miss the $125, but that's a small amount versus what I would have sunk for a wool headliner, wool carpet, recovered Recaros, and a full install.

Jerry

its so funny because you have to wonder how much business all this has driven towards al: yourself and probably many others as well! it just proves theres no such thing as bad publicity! maybe now it will finally stick, however. .,...... he MUST be good if people are actually signing up just to be ripped off!! ;-p

i recall al once saying he was going to put a carpet set on ebay for the jenna fund... i guess it woulda been nice to actually have a carpet set for lisa (if i had a choice that is). ACTUALLY and ive told al this myself, ive always wanted to actually make my OWN carpet set. I learned to sew in Sports Sewing in seventh grade, and have always liked it. making a badass set of seats and carpet for the car would just be killer... if i could pull it off. i find that most stuff like that if you just step back and go at it step by step and if all else fails, trial and error at least eats up a lot of time... :P

Guest Anonymous

and it will not allow me to login. i just gotta say something, for the sake of this little spot on the web i love so much. the constant bad attitude is gonna kill this.

i am suprised the keepers of the flame keep it going, when a guy cannot even put pic of his OWN car on without people starting to bicker over it.

this carpet dude burnt his own bridges and its up to the folks who have put money on the table as to how they want to play their cards.

c'mon folks! this place is about the cars we love! lets respect it.

sincerely,

nate in buffalo

aka 2761876

and it will not allow me to login. i just gotta say something, for the sake of this little spot on the web i love so much. the constant bad attitude is gonna kill this.

i am suprised the keepers of the flame keep it going, when a guy cannot even put pic of his OWN car on without people starting to bicker over it.

this carpet dude burnt his own bridges and its up to the folks who have put money on the table as to how they want to play their cards.

c'mon folks! this place is about the cars we love! lets respect it.

sincerely,

nate in buffalo

aka 2761876

i hate to say it but like it or not its part of the wallpaper around here. i say that having battled it myself, even going so far as creating a TOILET for the more-idiotic personal attacks to go into. but this is not my mess, or esty's mess (well, alright :P), but this is 95% al's mess. there are classes you can take on how to operate a checkbook and SOMEONE there knows how to put stuff (such as refund checks) into envelopes and mail them.

Al got his start on this board; his business(es) would not exist without it. well, maybe, but anyways, i will re-phrase what ive said before (and have been loosely paraphrased on): all of this mess would go away if Al would step up and CLEAN UP HIS MESS. If anyone egged it on it was al's christmas tatoo posting... wow.

despite esty's psychostalker style, turns out she was right. stupid part is it probably all backfired and al got far more business than he (apparently) could/would/whatever deliver on, on top of all the other stuff fitting that category reaching back years and years!

now, its about seven am and i havent slept yet, jenna finally nodded off at about 5:30 but perhaps my reasoning is a lil off... you tell me. i can see this issue from many angles as ive been stalked on the internet myself, and attacked in an insane way by esty before, more than once!

Aside: my former internet follower-arounder and i actually get along fairly well these days, shocks of all shocking news, and chat often in IRC. not that im saying its ok, just that its possible to move on.

alright i can actually FEEL that im not making any sense now. a lot of stuff has been going on with jenna, many many many doctors trips and pharmacy visits and insurance company phone calls, all of which is actually working out fantastically at the moment! i have also been seeing a psych for a bipolar condition ive had my whole life apparently and not known it, or mighta known it but not understood it enough to take care of it or recognize ... stuff. it has semiprofound implications for a lot of stuff that has gone on, and now that it is finally starting to be treated i am actually fairly excited about the future.

i have to correct myself, jenna had a bit of fairly devastating news: we had her brain scanned due to her headaches issues and they found that she has significant atrophying in one of her frontal lobes, a remnant of the damage from the impact and resulting toxic condition in the brain (which they try to manage with anti-tox chemistry in the immediate aftermath)... wow, anyways, it brought back the last time they showed me a brain scan which was when she was still in the NICU. i guess people even have lobotomys and go on with their lives but it still shook me. there is so much she has gone through and will always have to go through, and SOMETIMES it gets to me. i guess i should save all this for the blog but then even i wouldnt read it... :P

all that is to say, there will at some point be flowers blooming and birds chirping and a brief period of weeks before crushing summer global warming murderheat descends upon us like a polished stainless-steel tenderizing mallet, so lets all get along and hold hands and agree to disagree and love our 02s and ... maybe get some sleep now that its seven in the morning... :P

and maybe al will learn how to operate a checkbook and stamps dispenser, and END this long faqtional nightmare once and for all! :PP