• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering wheel options

Jayson

I like the M tech 2 wheel in the pic. I had one on my E30 M3 and have the never ending urge to use one on my Euro E28 M5 (which I am trying to keep stock). I do not know what all the fuss is about. It's a genuine BMW wheel used on Euro E30 M3's when the US got a larger, not as attractive, and in the last two years of production airbag wheels. The problem is of course that it wont fit. Use a Momo. They are a little smaller and actually have a little better feel than the M Tech 2. For all of you folks who are offended by the question, please surrender your E30 bottlecaps and mesh wheels, S14 and M20 engines, S14 cranks, etc. If you are a purist (and I admire that if you really mean it), then surrender your E21 parts as well. You know, the Recaros, 5spds, 3.90 lsd's, etc. Anything else is just your preference.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

For all of you folks who are offended by the question, please surrender your E30 bottlecaps and mesh wheels, S14 and M20 engines, S14 cranks, etc. If you are a purist (and I admire that if you really mean it), then surrender your E21 parts as well. You know, the Recaros, 5spds, 3.90 lsd's, etc. Anything else is just your preference.

right on!

It is obvious that we can't have a polite debate, or even advocate for a particular side--So I'll stick to the facts and keep observations to a minimum. In closing, my main and only suggestion was, due to the level of modernizations this fellow FAQer was thinking about for his '70--he might also/instead be a good candidate for something like an E30, which could provide more freedom for creativity.

If you track ebay 2002 sales (most of us do) you will find that nice original or well restored examples bring the highest cost. Take that really nice green/white car that was on last week as an example--I'm sure the seller had WAY more in it than the $10,320 selling price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-of-a-kind-1971-BMW-2002-Highly-Modified-NLA-Parts_W0QQitemZ120080813149QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

It is obvious that we can't have a polite debate, or even advocate for a particular side--So I'll stick to the facts and keep observations to a minimum. In closing, my main and only suggestion was, due to the level of modernizations this fellow FAQer was thinking about for his '70--he might also/instead be a good candidate for something like an E30, which could provide more freedom for creativity.

If you track ebay 2002 sales (most of us do) you will find that nice original or well restored examples bring the highest cost. Take that really nice green/white car that was on last week as an example--I'm sure the seller had WAY more in it than the $10,320 selling price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/One-of-a-kind-1971-BMW-2002-Highly-Modified-NLA-Parts_W0QQitemZ120080813149QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ben

ben...for what it's worth, i'm in absolute agreement with you..however...

i feel cosmetic changes that are easily reversed without placing a burdon on a "furure" owner to make it look original is the key difference...

i deplore the pig cheeks, turbo, etc flares...when peeps start gluing, riveting and welding, adding ricer, lowrider crap to the cars, it makes it tough to get it back like BMW made it

my car's about as "out there" as they go but it's an easy undo that would only cost a few hours labor

MVC-008S-2.jpgr5-1.jpg0000011.jpgesty763.jpg