• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

identifying front from rear springs

jerry

okay, it's been a while since i dismantled this car and in the meantime i've acquired other OEM springs. now i'm in the middle of installing my rear trailing arms and i can't tell which springs to use.

here's what i have:

red-gold slightly thicker

blue-white appears SLIGHTLY thinner

unfortunately for me the FAQ section on springs discusses a SINGLE color for the rear springs and i'm confused. i acquired a 2nd set of springs from a 76 02 so i don't recall which ones were on the 71.

my fronts are blue-white, btw

on an aside: you folks in the midwest and east, eat your heart out. i swear the temperature this evening in the SF bay area, is around 70F. i'm working my butt off to finish this car...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

ah, i found alittle note i wrote on the spring identifying it as a rear spring, ie., the red-gold combo. didn't see it till i started cleaning.

back to work. the seals are enjoying the weather too right now. they won't stop barking.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Jerry. You have that tool to fill my diff? Can I swing by tomorrow and borrowt it? I dont think Kragen carries the darn thing and I prefer not to go to Harbor freight. Too far.

AP

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti