• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early car interior question...now with pictures

70roundtail02

Finally got a look at a parts car that I had my dad pick up vin number 1661099 pretty early I think know it is before my 70 which is 1677541. Sadly the car took a hit to the front and has been left out side without a rear window in it for some time. The interior though is a question it appears to be a red velvet with black leather or vinyl on the lower and back portions of the front. Is this factory or not? they might just be salvagable. Pics to come

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

1970-resto/mod =money drain

1973 Charmonix, mhh clean

GO COUGS

Finally got a look at a parts car that I had my dad pick up vin number 1661099 pretty early I think know it is before my 70 which is 1677541. Sadly the car took a hit to the front and has been left out side without a rear window in it for some time. The interior though is a question it appears to be a red velvet with black leather or vinyl on the lower and back portions of the front. Is this factory or not? they might just be salvagable. Pics to come

red velvet...dude...that was elvis's car

fairly early '68...IIRC Eastside Bimmer's car has just a slightly higher VIN than this one. The seat upholstery sounds non-original. All the USA cars at that time were ordered with all-vinyl interiors--if the car was white originally, it would have had a black or dark blue vinyl interior.

what probably happened on this one is the waffle-pattern vinyl used in the seat centers split, so a PO had it replaced with velour. You're gonna find a lot of bits on that car that won't help your '70: brakes, driveshaft, rear subframe, diff, etc. All that stuff changed around 1 Jan 69. But there are folks on the board with early cars that might use 'em...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

yea i got this one when i picked up my race car project, the guy had it sitting under a tree and my dad asked if he could have it also. I wasn't planning on keeping it so any bits and do dads that are still in decent shape will be sold, I am keeping the gauges and surround, but thats really it that i can think of right off the bat. I know the diff and driveshaft are in there and can be had, braking system don't really know the condition of the stuff so it'll be cheap if it's going to a good home. Will really know what i have in a week or two.

if you have anything you want me to look for in particular drop me an email at biggreenchero at hotmail.com.

Tristan

1970-resto/mod =money drain

1973 Charmonix, mhh clean

GO COUGS