• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are the headliner bow grommets neccesary?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I broke one of the grommets that goes to the rear headliner "Bow" while I was taking the old one out. I've been told it's no sin to reinstall it without them. Can anyone confirm that?

What do you mean by the rear headliner bow? I cant make up my mind if you mean the cardboard piece or one of the ribs/bows.

Either way, neither (if they are the parts im thinking of) are expensive - may as well 'do it once, do it well'

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

i broke one of those trying to reinstall my rearmost bow. fortunately, i had a parts car in back to steal another.

if i didn't have that available i probably would have improvised by wrapping the end in cloth tape, electrical tape or something similar. it's not about the cost of replacement, but rather the inconvenience of having to stop the project once you get in the 'mindset' to do it.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i wouldnt chance it. ive seen cars before where 1 bow will slip down and the headliner will be hanging low. for as much work as it is to get it in there (pulling glass) id make sure it was right the first time.

im just thinking no grommet may give it enough slack to vibrate or move and come loose

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

blunt makes a point but the grommets basically just keep it snug & prevent rattling...i'd have no hesitation to wrap a bit of tape around the end just to "snug" it up...once the headliner is installed, glued at the front and the pinch weld installed, the only way a bow could possibly lean back would be with a lot of effort and would require the pinch weld be removed, the windshield be removed or cut the headliner inside the windshield gasket, allowing it to fall back