• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there a trick to installing the rear sway bar?

jerry

i reinstalled the oem rear sway bar on my project this afternoon and i had a heck of a time dealing with the metal brackets. i was able to install one side okay, but on the other side i can not get the bracket to seat properly in the slit that holds the bottom end in place. i can't get a C-clamp to stay in place to coax it into position.

i'm now wishing i had installed this while the subframe was on the workbench...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

what baffled me was that i was reusing the rubber inserts so i thought they'd be already preformed. my difficulty was not getting the bolts installed but rather the lip at the bottom fully seated within the slit. i don't understand it. seems so straight-forward, which is why i didn't install it beforehand. i'll know next time.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Jerry, you may need an extra pair of hands. Just got mine done with ease but had to use a wedge to hold the bar in place while seating one side in it's place. I can swing by. Just let me know.

AP

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti