• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Kegelmeister Racecar project

JK

I can no longer keep this a secret. I was working feverishly 8 months ago and hit a brick wall with the bodywork. I read Pedro's story (1602.com car) recently of his first outing in his beautiful racer and remembered that he started AFTER me. So I'm back at it again with limited time and funds available.

The Blog exist on my autocross club's site and will continue on there. Feel free to respond here or there.

Thanks and enjoy.

http://www.teamblewracing.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=851&PN=8

If anyone is selling any old race parts, let me know.

HI!!

I was thining about you the other day!

Funny thing is I still have lots more work to do......it never ends!

Do you still have that trick oil pan? Maybe I'll come over one day to look at it and lend you a hand.....I need to address my oil pan very soon as I'm not runing even a baffle!

You can't compare our 2 projects.....your bodywork was way more complex than mine! You actually made stuff! Also I had my friend for 5 days. 2 people 5 days to finish form metal to final buff.

BTW, quick advice.

If your using cheap paint like I did (NASON) and your doing interior and exterior. Buy at least 2 gallons. I used 1.5 gallons of white base and frankly, could of easily used 2 gallons. The cheap paint goes on really thin and you have to apply many coats. One good thing is we did not get any sags or runs. I got 1 or 2 small sags when I did the clear. I used a higher quality clear (Omni) and it worked great...looked like water! I wish I had used more!

Your car will be an animal when your done! Right now I'm having to go backwards and removing my dcoes for 38/38 so I can fit the CS class in VARA. I still might be tempted to come out to your first event and give you some competition!

congrats on the lotus BTW!

keep us posted with pics with you progress.......

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

I knew you where still sore over that oilpan! (JK). I'm going to use the Nason single stage. Easier to patch and paint single stage. I have 1.25 gallons to do the body,trunk,and engine bay. The interior will be a different color.

How'd you know abou the Lotus? Yes it's true, I had a distraction that delayed my progress.

You are welcome anytime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should be real simple actually. I can use a solid bar or go with a stiff throttle cable (you can get at offroad stores). This will give me adjustment on one side which will allow for fine tuning of about a 3" range. I can drill into the gusset portion of the link mount to bolt another male heimjoint on in "sheer" which i will mirror on the other side.

• 2 months later...

Any updates? I've been watching here and over at TeamBlew for something and haven't seen anything... Saw that you were selling the shell and spare motor (I might have jumped at the motor, if I had the space)...

gif_dancinggir.gif :::Chris::: -> '04 VW GTI 1.8T ("Squeakers") -> 1975 BMW 2002 ("Gir")

Yeah, I know. I only work on it when my job leaves me the time and the disposable income to continue the project. Right now my kids are trying out karting and we'll see where it goes. I'll be doing the brakes next but I'm don't yet know when.