• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need good license plate ideas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took GNT KILR (Giant Killer) to the BMV with a list of possibles and the woman announced loud enough for the whole branch to hear : "Killer -- Sir, are you serious, there is no way this would be approved" Everyone turned and gasped like I had some type of suitcase nuke.

I had 68 BMW02, but I didn't re-reserve it by the deadline, so it falls out of the system until we change plate designs--I had to pick somehting else.

Starting in April, I will be INDY BMW and in 2008 Indiana passed a law saying we can use plates from the model year of the car, so I'll probably switch to that.

Good Luck

--> 1968 2002 <--

It was a great trip back from Colorado, I did hit snow but the car was a trooper with my new $32 tires from Walmart! The car is even better than I hoped. I'm going to post some pictures shortly. I'm loving driving around town. 1,400 miles in less than a week! I get compliments every where too... I'm loving my 02'! Now I just need to get it all registered and pay taxes :(

It might sound stupid to those of us in the "know", but how about plain "MALAGA"...it would make people wonder...

I always thought putting "MY INKA" or just "INKA" would be interesting....of course I also once thought about putting the name of a long past childhood pet on a license plate.....

I've seen this one on a couple of 02s and had it on my '70.

realbmw.jpg

Or you could do something cryptic like I did on my '73 tii --> A54ATII. That came from trading a 535i for the tii, so I came up with "A five for a tii". I liked it because it told a story.

Good luck finding something you like.

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

I'm having a similar dilemma...

Polaris is already taken, so I was thinking of 73plris, or "ein mude" ("I'm tired" in German-my odd sense of humor...). You could simply use your 7 digit VIN, but I suppose that would be too boring and obscure for most. Schnell (fast, quick), perhaps? Klassik (classic)? Malaga, as another suggested? Any German first names that you like? Hugo, Axel, Hans, Fritz, Ahren, etc?

Wendell (German for wanderer)

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

i asked at the DMV if i could have the plate:

1TWO002

which, conceivably could be a standard-issue plate in california.

just think, there IS someone in california who will likely be assigned that plate at random and not even know its significance.

unfortunately, as i was told, each region/area is given a stack of plates and it's up to chance as to what 3 letter sequence is on it.

of course, i could always ask for a vanity plate of that, but to me, that defeats the fun of having that license sequence, plus i'm a cheapskate.

one vanity plate is enough for me and i begrudge the $30/yearly surcharge.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa