• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

are there days when your 02 just wakes up feeling good?

dubois

I know exactly what you mean and this weekend was one of those. It was running so nice yesterday, I had to drive it to the airport and leave it there while I hopped down to L.A. over night. Poor thing hasn't spent the night out of it's home/garage in a while.

But I get to drive it up 280 home in a few hours......

1. the air is denser, so more oxgen for combustion and

2. moisture in the air helps damp down any tendencies for detonation...

So it's not just your imagination...at least on our old cars. New ones with EFI compensate for these differences, so you don't notice as much of a change.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

There's something about a well tuned and running M10 motor and the past 4 years/ ever since the engine rebuild of my '69 2000, it has run without a hitch. It has to be the smoothest running engine out of the numerous 2002's I've owned; rebuilt to specs and still basically original, with the Solex 36-40, I'm looking real forward to getting her out of the garage after this winter., hopefully, within a few weeks.

Tim

'69 2000

1. the air is denser, so more oxgen for combustion and

2. moisture in the air helps damp down any tendencies for detonation...

So it's not just your imagination...at least on our old cars. New ones with EFI compensate for these differences, so you don't notice as much of a change.

mike

Well, the touring sure liked the ride home from the airport this evening, and it was nice and cool outside (55-60*).

Now it is safely tucked in its little home.

Well, the touring sure liked the ride home from the airport this evening, and it was nice and cool outside (55-60*).

Now it is safely tucked in its little home.

Tourings love to be out anytime, you can almost see them smile...at least everyone seems to smile when they see the Touring..

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours