• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator: 3 row recore. What's mystery on typical cost?

GeneinNC

don't know about any mystery, curt ingraham at silicon garage is the way to go.

the mechanic who built my engine had a local guy to re-core with three whenever a bad radiator came in. he had thought fitment was a problem- some cars needed body beating to get the rad to fit without the fan hitting it.

he had worked on my car and thought i had a clearence issue. on my own i called curt and got the rad i wanted. slamdunk, no fitment issues. beautiful looking component.

more expensive, but worth it. in 2004, i paid $275 plus shipping to have mine done.

hth,

robert

since last year. It looks great, works great, doesn't leak and best of all, it carries a tiny Silicon Garage sticker which signals to the world that, as far as radiators are concerned---you've arrived. Mine works so well, I need to move back up to a warmer thermostat.

This info below from Curt is almost a year old, so the prices may have changed: sigarage@aol.com

.......A rebuilt 2002 radiator with three-row core

is $375 outright or $325 with an exchange. I usually have these

in stock and can ship within one day. The exchange can come

before or after purchase, and it can be any rebuildable stock

2002 all-metal radiator. If your present radiator has

cosmetically good tanks and side brackets and you want to keep

them, you can send me that one for rebuilding. That would cost

$325 and take about one week plus shipping times. FedEx Ground

shipping is usually $30 or less; send me a ZIP code for a quote.

--> 1968 2002 <--

The advantages to Curts' radiators is that you will get a radiator that fits with no modifications and look very stock.

You can have a radiator re-cored for a lot cheaper, but you will need to make sure that the core is the proper size to avoid any interference with the fan or mounting problems. You wil also need to make sure that there are no leaks.

Curt has spent the time doing all the R&D and QA work, so his product is top notch. Not a cheap fix, but very much worth it.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes