• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have pix of an 02 wagon or "shooting brake"

mattmcginn

There were some pix around I remember seeing that I am looking for...not for any real reason really, maybe.

THanks.

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

www.sports-car-restoration.com

1974 2002 turbo 4290909, resto project, looking for parts

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

68 1600 channeled and flared project

70 2002 flared car project

...not for any real reason really, maybe.

What are you cooking now...... I like the blue one. Looks like they maybe just used the rear of a roof clip. Looks like they should have shortend the rear pilers to help the gradual slope of the roof line.

When I was in the UK last week I saw a few E30 wagons. I would love to have one here.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,download/id,10426/

A more pointless exercise you'd be hard pushed to find - a crap load of work to then make it unworkable with a roll cage. Bizarre.

However, it clearly shows why BMW canted back the angle of the Touring windscreen and lowered the roof line. I'm susprised no one has ever used a Touring as a base for a replica full cabriolet - it would be perfect compared to those 'orrible luma cabriolets based on a saloon.

Here's another waste of time:

02estate%5B1%5D.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

like the baur exercise they built back in the day...you know the one thats pictured next to the converitible

Cab_shot.sized.jpg

This has been an idea of mine but then I started a freaken business working on cars.

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

like the baur exercise they built back in the day...you know the one thats pictured next to the converitible

Cab_shot.sized.jpg

This has been an idea of mine but then I started a freaken business working on cars.

I've always been obsessed by that coupe prototype. It looks great IMHO.

Maybe you guys can find a way to do one using the roof from a Sunbeam Stiletto or something similar. Not a bolt-in, but you guys are good.

stil2.jpg

Sunbeam%20Stiletto.jpg

BTW, here's another view of the coupe. Anyone have additional pics? Do you think it could be stashed away in some warehouse in Deutschland?

post-90-13667574909868_thumb.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Thanks for the additional photo Harry. You're always ready to chime in each 5 years when this gets brought up!!! You must lust after that car bigtime!

not to risk going too off topic, but,

Here's what Datsun did with the 510 in the same vein, its a good shot that shows the coupe and sedan (at least the relevant parts or them) side by each which shows the real "coupe" look:

Dastie_coupe_and_sedan.jpg

I think its a killer look-the sloping roof line, the raked pillar and all.

Here's a side view of an good restoration of the KPL 510SSS

Datsun_coupe.jpg

This look emulated in a 2002 would be absolutely killer. A friend and I have mulled it over a bit via email and he correctly concluded that probably the best thing to start with would be a slightly ratty targa-its got the raked front, proper vent windows, chassis reinforcing (which is a good thing to have when embarking on such a project...)

I have always wanted to build the 02 version of the car but the stars have not aligned properly vis a vis my skill level, available time, motivation, finances, available cars, etc. Not all have been available when needed!

Matt McGinn

Sports Car Restoration

89 M50'd e30

72 Alfa GT Veloce

84 M491 911

Just an official BMW sketch of that coupe.

bmw201.jpg

I do not know where the Baur coupe is nowadays but there are 3 Karmann prototypes of the cabriolet. Of those 3, there is 1 in the Netherlands and 1 in Belgium. So possibly the coupe still exists somewhere.