• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

played some Golf this weekend

ibjettin

that looks great brian. you really nailed it. spot on. it's amazing how fast you were able to get this done. it took me 4 months to do what you did in a couple weeks.

btw, i started working on my white car so that it will run on its own so i'm working long hours in the evenings and weekends now.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Thanks guys!

Jerry,

yeah, I just saw your new blog - It looks like you are already making great progress. My wife already knows that once our little ones are asleep I'm off to the shop to finish this one, luckily she supports my madness.

Pssst, little secret... I had just a little help painting from my cousin who used to own his own shop. I learned a lot and am glad I gained this experience.

Bri,

Nice Man. Hope to see the Golf soon. What bumpers will you be installing?

AP

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Thanks for all your kind words -

Bri,

Nice Man. Hope to see the Golf soon. What bumpers will you be installing?

AP

I am using stock shorty bumper in the rear and no bumper on the front. I plan on making a light bar in the front that will help protect the nose from any damage and to mount fog/driving lights. I have to hit up ash00 for some more of his welding skills ;)

IB,

It looks hella good. I just saw that thing raw and now it's the bomb! I'm still working mine. I can't find the time especially since I have been traveling for work. B, your car looks very good, keep up the work and I'll see you around.

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

Hey, it looks great..

Did you paint it yourself? Did you do it at home?

You said you got some help from a profesional (your cuz). Now that you have painted the car was the task as daunting as it first seemed?

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"

Hey, it looks great..

Did you paint it yourself? Did you do it at home?

You said you got some help from a profesional (your cuz). Now that you have painted the car was the task as daunting as it first seemed?

Thanks! We did paint it in my shop - it is a decent size space that is completely detached from the house.

Was it as daunting...? Hard to say, I never painted a car before but I don't think painting was the hard part, prepping and body work was what took up all of our time. The old paint on it was pretty bad and poorly prepped so there was a lot of chipped paint and sections that still had dirt underneath.