• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

last but not least

dubois

Hey,

Did you guys have trouble putting the hood ever? I took mine off to paint and have been having a tough time adjusting it right. Either it has trouble latching or the pivoting arm hits the engine bay as I close it. Can you guys show me the pics of position of the screws so I know what is the exact fit? Thanks!

Nice job Michael, the CF hood looks most excellent.

In fact, the rest of the paint is beginning to look a bit shoddy in comparison.

So, what's next?

Scott

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

Al: you know where Bacchus sleeps, so anytime.

Colin: I think hood and trunk are at least 40 lbs lighter, but the cool factor out weights everything.

Blunt: DA with 320, seal and spray, I kept some of the single stage we used 7 years ago. No cutting or buffing. They look good from ten feet. I could have made the panels look perfect, but I would have to primer filler or perhaps bondo certain areas - what would be the point of that? Add weight?

khaledejaz in San Jose: the angle brackets had to be slided all the way (away from the pivot arms), there was some adhesive preventing that, but a couple nervous tap with a hammer freed them loose. You would also move the hood back, further than usual, towards the doors and closer to the front panel. Leave everything finger tight, close the hood and adjust it close without latching. Remove the front grill for access. You can also open the door and see with a flashlight how the pivot arms are engaging too.

standard.jpg

Steve A, I havent washed the car in weeks. Having done that yesterday, it looks awesome. Next, I still have some extra gages, a big drum kit, deleting the rear seat, a horn trumpet and other parts that I have accumulated throughout the years.

FAQ Member # 91