• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not an 02 but a great german car never the less

73_02

this is the only car I like more than an 02.

If you guy`s need inspiration about doing your own work follow the link to checkout what the 356 nut`s are doing. I`m talking the DIY ones, crazy stuff people 02`s don`t have any rust.

http://www.brown-house.net/356project/

post-2645-13667575363855_thumb.jpg

back to the 02s

http://my1972bmw.blogspot.com/

1600 1561547 project

http://1600bmw.blogspot.com/

vintage_bmw@yahoogroups.com

Please refrain from posting pictures that cause me so much pain. Freshman at UNC were not allowed to have cars, and I thus loaned my 72 2002 to my brother who was at language school in Monterey for a year. I (against the rules), bought a 64 356 Karmann Coupe (removeable hardtop only). Burgandy with one orange door. Had to buy leather gardening gloves to use everytime the muffler fell off. No money for tools, repairs, etc. Had to park on a hill or at least flat ground since the battery was basically a black box to hold "rust accelerant". Right now I can smell the combination of oil smoke, musty leather, a little petrol, and the damp metallic smell of iron oxide molecules procreating....God, I miss her so. My purchase price: $900, my selling price: $700. I think she went to Oklahoma c. 1975. Bought a 74 2002 last year from Oklahoma. At the paint shop right now. Probably going to stay with Sahara, but I really considered Malaga with a Colorado door.

Dave V. in NC

pic3.jpg

you guys & gals think 02's rust !!!

Every 356 creaks and groans if you listen closely

to the tin worms chewing.

no less funn !

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Nice-

I've always loved 'em too, but no where near as much interior room as an '02 (especially for us tall folk). Poor excuse for a back seat too...

Maybe though (just maybe), I'd trade my '73 tii for a 356 Carrera GT or GS? Any takers?

Hey, it's almost April Fool's...

Wendell

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

i used to love those cars too. that is, until they became soooo valuable. my brother had two convertibles back in the 70's. paid about $800 a piece. my father gave them away cuz he was sick of having them around and he was having adolescent issues with my brother at the time.

i had a rusty '62 356 Type B in the late 80's but let it go cuz i couldn't afford to restore it and body parts weren't readily available back then. i no longer yearn for them because they are so prized and costly. they are beautiful and the doors close with such ease. the old carreras sound like clocks when they run. i have a neighbor who's been into these cars since the 60's. even he is having reservations about buying them now.

i don't look forward to the day when the 02's start creeping up in price.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

And this brings us nicely to my upcoming project. Started with a bare TVR 280i tube frame rolling chassis. Installing a Rover V8, Porche 356 body with fiberglass tilt nose, and a rear end out of a 5 series BMW. Got the chassis, motor/trans, and body. Need the rear end and the time. I'll probably build it next winter.