• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

windshield chrome strip blues

jerry

is there a distinction between the chrome strip used on the front windshield and the rear windshield. i did not think to check before installing the front and of course it's not even close to matching up.

so i took the remaining one and eyeballed it against the rear windshield and it too appears that it won't likely match up. they're about 5 inches too short.

it would be a sick joke if BMW expects me to stretch it while installing it. also, i just don't have the courage to pre-install it before installing the windshield. pulling on the string is hard enough without the extra tension it would likely cause.

add this task to the list of things i dislike doing on an 02

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i may have bought a set from you on a group buy of windshield gaskets a year or so ago, but i'm not sure if i actually used the chrome strips from that purchase or not. i know i also bought a set from Double02 Salvage at one point too. i got parts scattered everywhere.

now if only i could find that damn strip of vinyl for the rear windshield i'd install that next. i know i cleaned it and bagged it for later. but where is it???

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i may have bought a set from you on a group buy of windshield gaskets a year or so ago, but i'm not sure if i actually used the chrome strips from that purchase or not. i know i also bought a set from Double02 Salvage at one point too. i got parts scattered everywhere.

now if only i could find that damn strip of vinyl for the rear windshield i'd install that next. i know i cleaned it and bagged it for later. but where is it???

ive never done a group buy on windshield gaskets nor lock strips.

i can do some research to see if i have a record of sales for them. if they came from me and they are short ill replace them but you would have had to bought them separatley as ive never done a group buy on them. i do know that double02 was selling bulk lockstrip material cheap on ebay because i bought some when i first got into these cars.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Actually, they usually come with length to spare. At least in my experience.

I did my former 76 and 72Tii's and both times I had extra length which I had to cut and then put the center clip in.

The fronts and rears were interchangeable. Meaning, the strip was the same. Weird to hear yours are short.

Nope,

I've never had one come up short.

How much short is it? I (and others) probably have the last few inches of strip that we cut off of ours during install.

that has to SUCK. Getting all the way to the end and missing it by that much.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes