• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

took a long cruise today...

esty

the longest trip my 76 o2's seen in a dozen years...after rebuilding the front end, i had to have the front end aligned, had that done this morning and took the long way home...i drove her about 100 miles thru the country with a short hop on the freeway...

esty768.jpg

i'm slightly disappointed with the holley carb...i seem'd to have lost some power on the low end...she just doesn't seem to be as peppy as with the weber but once she's up to 2nd gear she runs great...if my gas mileage is better it may be a fair trade...i need to spend some more time behind the wheel to see if i can live with it...or maybe it just needs to be tweaked by someone that knows more than me

Man, its been over 3 months since I've driven my 02. Weather here in Los Angeles is too good. Hopefully I'll have her back on the road by the end of April. Driving my 02 always puts a smile on my face no matter how bad my day is going. I miss it.

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

I took a long cruise yesterday in my tii, 300 miles from bill Holmes shop in San Diego to N Santa Barbara county. Driving up 101 along the coast from Santa Barbara to Gaviota and then Hwy 1 to Lompoc is always a great drive in an 02.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Just put on another 850 miles up to the Shamrock Rally and back, Fri nite and Saturday. Now that was a long cruise. Great fun though.. got close to 28 mpg coming home avg. 70 mph. that is with a 4 speed and 4:11 diff.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

and anyway, there's still salt lurking here and there on the local roads.

BTW, when '02s were new and one barreled in the carb dept, a lot of folks fitted Cannon manifolds and Holley two bbl carbs (not Holley-Webers)--and were disappointed in just what you describe--lack of low end power and a big flat spot when accelerating. We always kinda figured it was the manifold but the carb may have been to blame--lots of throat area when suddenly opened was the proximate flat spot cause.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite