• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There's no avoiding rust on anything 02 related... :)

Mars

So I pull out my 1:18 models which I stored in the attic during a recent move.

LOL! What do I find? Rust of course! At least rust bubbling and, in all the usual places 02 places!!

Rust behind the rear wheel wells, bottom of doors and along the roof edge near the glass.

post-252-13667575497926_thumb.jpg

post-252-13667575501013_thumb.jpg

post-252-13667575503531_thumb.jpg

post-252-13667575506263_thumb.jpg

Haha! Thats the same model Inka tii I bought at the L.A. Auto Show years ago. Cats knocked it off my shelf and it broke. Now I cant seem to find them anywhere.

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

It's weird. I have 4 or 5 of these. The Inka one shown here is a Kyosho. I have a Chamonix Kyosho just like this one and no problems.

I also have one I got direct from BMW - top notch in detail and paint. Of course, they cost me 3 times as much too.

I have a turbo I never took out of the box. Maybe I should check that one.

Sorry if this has come up before. I never saw a thread like this and was really surprised to see this happen to me :) Just curious if it had happened to others.

So I pull out my 1:18 models which I stored in the attic during a recent move.

LOL! What do I find? Rust of course! At least rust bubbling and, in all the usual places 02 places!!

Rust behind the rear wheel wells, bottom of doors and along the roof edge near the glass.

HAHAH!! this is on topic bytheway!!! :)

that is too funny. i actually think it's pretty cool. get some red primer paint and complete the effect. and if you can simulate a cracked dash and torn seats, all the better. in fact, i think i'd even prefer one like that over a pristine example.

don't forget the spare tire well....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Mars, I think that Inka is a Maisto. Their waistline trim is thicker than the Kyoshos or the AutoArt models. I have about 20 1:18 scale '02's and all the Maistos have gotten paint bubbles, even one I have in its original box.

The funny thing is that other non-02 Maistos I have had for longer have absolutely no problems!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

i had that model in my room for about 6 years which was a magor inspiration to get a bigger one, so about 6 months ago i picked it up and the roof detached from the car! its crap!. i opened the door and it broke off. now it's sitting in my closet in a plastic bag in like 10 pieces.

im 20, the 2002 is the most fun car ive ever driven. i have a 74 malaga 2002. engine was rebuilt: bored out to a 2.1, litghtweight pistons, shrick cam, dual weber 40's, msd, custom exhaust. 3.91 lsd, h&r lowering springs. bilstein sport