• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these rear upper shock mounts???

snowflake

Guest Anonymous

They *may* be aftermarket ones (as supplied with some Bilsteins or Boge shocks) but they lack the internal metal "tube" that keeps them from deforming as shock moves within. Without this tube / sleeve - they'd be mush in no time. Each shock would use BOTH rubber pcs (one above, one below the sheet metal) probably both washers - but require the aforementioned tubie. Don't look like 2002 bits to me - I'd save them for some other use where little round bushings might come in handy...like Kustom airboxes, or soft mounted ignition boxes, etc.

Paul

another possibility to consider:

those MAY also be the new configuration for the rubber bushings that are installed on the exhaust pipe hanger that attaches to the rear of the transmission.

i ordered several a month or so ago and what arrived, look similar. the old configuration used a small metal tube inserted into a 'flanged' rubber grommet. apparently those are NLA. i got the metal tubes, but not the rubber bushings.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Looks to me like a quarter, couple of washers & god only knows what else... Could be swaybar bushings (already stated) or bilstein rear lower shock bushings (just a guess) many new urethane rear bushings are the same as swaybar bushings now.

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76