• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwarz 74’ Restoration – “Blacky”

oz_tom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice project car, she's looking good mate. Black will take a bit of effort to keep clean but i like it.

cheers

Haha, tell me about it! Its sitting in the garage and its already filthy!

Great colour choice for a daily :-P

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 2 weeks later...
Where is this beast at??

Finished but no RWC or Rego. When i say finished, there are a few bits and pieces here and there that id like to tweak but they can wait. Anyway, are these things ever REALLY finished? Haha! Fingers crossed it'll be ready for the 16th!

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I love seeing the work done on this car. It has been one of my favorite cars to follow on here. Here is a questions for you though. Where did you get your red tail lights? Im having the hardest time trying to find some.

Eric

1975 2002 Anthrazitgrau

1963 Vespa GL

Hey Eric,

Thanks very much! The tail lights i used a stain glass spray paint on. Simply masked up the reverse light and hey presto. Total cost was about $14AU. Im about to put my set back on now that i just got the Rego and RWC done for the car :-)

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Well, got the road worthy cert. and had the car registered today. It is officially on the road! Only a couple of things left to do now - line up the hood better and adjust the accel. linkage but very happy for it to be on the road all the same!

DSCN2367.jpg

DSCN2366.jpg

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 1 month later...

DSCN2425.jpg

DSCN2427.jpg

DSCN2423.jpg

DSCN2429.jpg

DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2428.jpg

Grabbed a few more shots after a wash. Also put on the Superlites after working the lips a bit (ok, a lot) and the red rear lens'. Photobucket seems to destroy picture quality unfortunatly but hopefully they look alright still.

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 1 month later...
so witch 1 you going to let me use ,when I come to Auss? I dont have a color preference.hahaJust the 1 that can get me to the surf breaks the fastest. aloha

We'll bang on the roof racks and head down to the GOR Culpy! Many spots along that section of coast!

gorjuly0602.jpg

gorjuly06.jpg

Photos taken by Todd(TMK) on one of our GOR runs...

Tom

yeah boy, look at them point breaks, some of the best on the world.

good on ya mate.

spit the winkal!!!lol