• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I would like it if more than 1 person answered this Question

Guest Anonymous

Trunk??.....you got a Trunk?? Has to stay up front in the touring..

as a side topic: How do you solve this problem with a touring?

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

I agree with you on the polar moment. Even more for the reduction of weight. There is some advantage to what you are saying but if we were to take a look at the car overall. Items such as hood, and spring bar on the hood will be more of a factor because they are higher than the CG of the car and forward of the polar moment of the car turning. The 50/50 weight split isn't for getting the car to change directions quicker though as it's more for using all the available traction for braking/cornering/acceleration. If you're interested in getting the car to change directions better we can have an interesting discussion on caster angle and how an adjustable caster rod would be advantageous to an 02 setup for a performance application yet no one makes one. 8 degrees would make for a fun 02 but a little heavy on the wheel and much harder on the front tires.

I did it so that i could use the battery tray as a nice spot to slow cook Foil Food on long trips in my 02, and as a place to keep takeout chinese food warm on the way home.

Currently 02-less.

---

"There are only two mantras: yum and yuk. Mine is yum."

after making futher mathematical calculations. It was decided by my 3 year old and myself that it's best to relocate the battery in the trunk. My dog barked once which means he agrees.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti