• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

choke warning light on early euro cars

I converted my touring to fuel injection and thus removed the manual choke cable. The cable had an electircal lead that, when the choke was closed (i.e., pulled), the e-brake light would burn. Now it burns all day long, but I can't find the lead (I think I hid it). Anyone know that lead and can you tell me the wire colors?????? I feel like my e-brake is on all the time, but of couse it is not.

According to the old 6-v diagrams, a single brown/blackstripe wire went from the choke switch to the gauge cluster. It looks like the wire connection was at the gauge cluster, so you probably will not see the wire any more once the choke switch is removed.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

Josh,

If I remember correctly, the wire connects to the choke cable at the control on the dash next to the steering column. It is probably grounding somewhere under the dash where you "hid" it. It is listed as Brown/Black in my German touring manual. I believe that the BR-SW designation means Braun (brown) wire with a Schwarz (black) stripe. I have attached a scan of that part of the manual. good luck

post-85-1366757612171_thumb.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours