• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seats and radio/console finished...

ccr2002

My seats are now redone in vinyl and horse hair pads obtained from world upholstery...i think they turned out great. I also had the hardware rechromed and refurbished. The radio console looks great and the ipod adapter works really well...the sound is terrible, but i guess i was prepared for that. I put some speakers under the seat in the rear for some fill....but with the front seats in i can barely hear they are there...a waste of money. Maybe i'll have to put an amp to them or something.

Anyway...take a look.

IMGP0584.jpg

IMGP0583.jpg

IMGP0582.jpg

IMGP0581.jpg

IMGP0580.jpg

ipodswitch.jpg

1973 polaris/blue 2002tii 2763408

1973 3.0 CS ceylon/black 2240405

2000 G500

2002 Ferrari 456MGT

i think only 72 and earlier had the chrome hinges.

The only things rechromed were all the bolts that attached the seat hinges.

I'm still trying to find out how to redo the seat rails....can one zinc/cad plate them without messing up the bearings?

thanks for all the compliments....the guy did a great job of preserving the center basketweave that was fortunately without damage.

i've got quite the steering wheel collection going myself...just got another Hubert Hahne of german ebay...this one is black leather wrapped.

here are a couple of others...

IMGP0579.jpg

IMGP0577.jpg

IMGP0576.jpg

1973 polaris/blue 2002tii 2763408

1973 3.0 CS ceylon/black 2240405

2000 G500

2002 Ferrari 456MGT

Beautiful period redo - nice job

Do you have chrome sill plates? if so what did you do to make them fit? I thought the chrome sill plates that were a BMW option only fit the 71 and older 02's - these models didn't have a plastic black sill plate like the 72 and newer 02's.

seattlesteeringwheel063006%20022.jpg

ccr,

looks great in all that period-correct goodness!

Chrome seat hinges are from '72 and earlier. There is an article on the "new" tii in Motor Trend Magazine in late 1971. The Colorado tii tested had chrome seat hinges.

So many steering wheels, so little time! I have a few in my stash, including a vintage Momo Mario Andretti "Signature" Model. I just sent my vintage "Luisi" wheel to "wegweiser" for a test fit on "Miss Emily."

I love the Petri wheel shown in the pic. Is yours in the picture a 350mm wheel from the 2002? Mine is a 380mm bit from the CSL. It's big and thin, not like the smaller 2002 Factory Sport wheel. Makes for easy, power steering-like feel.

This Petri was a chance ebay find, stuck in with a bunch of VW wheels (Petri makes wheels for VW and Porsche, too). The seller was unable to identify it, so it was cheap. I fitted it with the proper 2002 hub, a Momo horn button (just barely fits), and used a CV joint rubber boot in place of the plastic hub shroud.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

They really came out nice. I always like a original looking interior.

touring004.jpg

I know what you mean about the sound quality out of that one speaker. Not up to what the I-pod is putting out. I am still trying to work that one out. But at least your console isn't cluttered up with Flashing blue lights, tape decks, or cd players.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Beautifl car and very correct (except the rocker covers). First car I've seen besides mine with the correct right and left "trapazoid" mirrors. I'd love to see the entire car. Where did you get the new blue vinyl? Mine is tan inside which is NLA.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!