• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seats and radio/console finished...

ccr2002

educate me a little about the rocker covers or sill plates you mention. were these originally black? this is how i purchased the car from Rob at 2002haus...the car had been repainted and changed to the euro signals but reportedly had only 23K original miles.

here's another pic

IMGP0557.jpg

IMGP0553.jpg

1973 polaris/blue 2002tii 2763408

1973 3.0 CS ceylon/black 2240405

2000 G500

2002 Ferrari 456MGT

i have a NOS 35 cm petri wheel from germany and the one pictured is a used 38cm petri (not leather wrapped unfortunately)

2000 G500

2002 Ferrari 456MGT

Looks gorgeous... like it just came off of the showroom floor.

As for the single center speaker, my '02 came with two relatively new Boston speakers in the parcel shelf (as well as two ancient Audiovox speakers below the back seat). I wired the parcel shelf speakers to my head unit, as well as the center speaker. It all sounds about as good as a Blaupunkt Frankfurt is going to sound! It's actually not all that bad... and I bet if I put better speakers in and did a better job wiring them, it would sound very nice.

Say, where did you get those floormats? I love those and I see that everyone seems to have them. I want woven mats!

Looking for a decent, running 2002!

Blunt has them and a good deal also. give him a try....you can also search coco mats here and you'll find a few other places that offer them.

ccr

2000 G500

2002 Ferrari 456MGT

The rocker covers you have look to be from a '72, at least that's the way they are on my '72tii. I believe from '73 on they were wider and the black plastic extended out to where your stainless steel ones go to.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Yours are a little different. If you look at yours, you have the long black plastic thingy that snaps on and the door seal attaches to either side. The one in the picture has a stainless steel piece at the top.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

The rocker covers you have look to be from a '72, at least that's the way they are on my '72tii. I believe from '73 on they were wider and the black plastic extended out to where your stainless steel ones go to.

Not so.

I have an early '73tii (#2762756) with these narrower sill covers. The wider sill covers came later in the '73 model year, and went on through the remainder of the 2002 model run.

The wider sill covers seem to correspond with the addition of the plastic covers on the rear quarter window latches. We had a discussion about this recently when ccr commented on the lack of plastic covers on his window latches. Mike Self even chimed in with a comment about the approximate date/VIN of the changes for the non'tii '73 cars, but not the tii model.

Assuming ccr's car is an early '73 model, the accessory add-on sill covers as pictured are both rare and vintage correct for the car.

How this sheds some light on your question, ccr.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

While at Essen Techno Classica last weekend I visited with a man that is manufacturing these sill plates at 50 euro for a pair - alu with 3 countersunk holes for fasteners. I bought a pair and only later realized that they won't fit and were not made for the 74 and higher 02's. He had them on a early cabriolet and they fit perfectly.

He does beautiful cabrio restorations and can be reached at

a.andexer@team-andexer.de

Maybe an idea for a group buy!

• 5 years later...