• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

correct paint scheme for 1973 2002tii

schatzman

What kind of wheels do you have?

If you have factory Tii alloys (optional) they should be silver.

If you have factory steel wheels (standard), they are also silver.

If you have aftermarket/custom wheels then it doesn't matter since they aren't factory.

Either way, paint them what you like. If you are a stickler about originality as a lot of us are different colored wheels don't really take away from the car or its value. For example, I've had steelies that have been painted black in the center which looked good on my car but they are still factory wheels...

underside. It's all done over the "body schutz"--the factory "undercoating" used for protection from stone chips and dirt abrasion.

Subframes and suspension bits are semi-gloss black.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Correct, except some of the early tii's had dark grey/oilve colored subframes and other bracket parts like Bill Williams' car. I assume regular '02's also had the same color.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Mike is correct...but personally, unless you plan to show and never drive your '02 I'd go with black....I black undercoated all my cars...and I haven't regretted it whatsoever.

Especially on a light colored car, the wheel wells being painted the color of the car just doesn't grab me (original or not).

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

my bad. helps if I READ completely before replying :)

Yes, as the others have said 90+% of 02's came with the same body color in the WHEEL WELLS along with the undercarriage. I do, however, agree with the others that it both looks and functions better in black. Any color under there will just look nasty after a while with all of the road dirt, dust, etc.