• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dutch 1502 restoration

jochem

Hello, i've been reading through the various project logs with great pleasure. Thought i'd join in and inform you about what's going on in my shed these months...

I decided last summer that i needed an oldtimer, next to the peugeot 205gti that i have. I love to hunt for bargains, so the search took a while. Finally ended up with a great deal: one sanded and partly tectyled 1502, a donor 1602 (plenty rust included) and a mountain of extra parts.

I spent a long time gathering information, as i had never had any experience with beemers, apart from driving my dads 530t. There were two difficult choices: the color and the engine.....

I was toying with the e30 318is for a bit, almost had one, but it wouldn't be available till the end of summer 2007. I want the car up and running this summer and would want the engine fitted before i paint.

Finally one weekend i was busy rearanging my shed, when i remembered the purchase came with a seperate lump. Lots of research concluded it was a 1.8 from an e21 around 1985. Sounds like a good start to me!

Right about now i have finished the new exhaust mannifold and i'm constructing the inlet mannifold. These are needed because i'm installing a td04 subaru impreza turbo.

Anyway, enough typing, time for some pictures.

post-2779-13667576374561_thumb.jpg

post-2779-13667576376172_thumb.jpg

post-2779-13667576377959_thumb.jpg

post-2779-13667576379673_thumb.jpg