• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i remember this car before these "enhancements"

jerry

this car sold on ebay a while back and was essentially a stock original, a survivor in the truest sense.

personally, i think my subject line could read:

how to turn a $6000 car into a $2000 car

click here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-2002-1600-1968-BMW-1600-1602-2002-RESTORED-3PC-HRE-AWSOME-CAR_W0QQitemZ190102625933QQihZ009QQcategoryZ42601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

item no: 190102625933

i'm sorry mr/mrs current owner, i guess i'm being an A-hole, but at least i'm using my signature. it's a free country, to each his own. flame away....

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Wow, after reading the description, now I know what "tastefully" means! Beautiful wheel right off a Conistoga wagon am the steering wheel looks like a Chernoble survivor. Pimp that ride!!

I once knew a designer whos favotite saying was, "There no explaining bad taste."

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

it's not that bad !

just alittle facocked trunk seal with drool !

d946_3.JPG

and wacky positioning of the door release handles - it's got potential for redemption.

e131_3.JPG

......how much for shipping to Connecticut ?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

as the source of the Turbo-clone airdam.

I believe if you buy the car you can do whatever you want to it. The poor current owner just lacks taste in certain areas. Certainly Turboizing the bodywork is something many of us would like to do or have done. Recaros for sure for most of us. I do believe this is the worst steering-wheel I've ever seen on an '02. His rectangular fishtail exhaust (a Harleyite maybe?) might be more appropriate on a squarie, but some here have a thing for the exhaust exiting in the center too. It doesn't look like the auction '02 was in that good a condition before the current owner anyway, so why not fuck it up a bit. I admire the soot on the middle of the white rear bumper and plate.

I choose to leave my current '74 in original, unrestored condition, but I prefer modified '02s myself. I'd just get another one if I wanted to go the Turboizing route again.

it's not that bad !

just alittle facocked trunk seal with drool !

d946_3.JPG

and wacky positioning of the door release handles - it's got potential for redemption.

e131_3.JPG

......how much for shipping to Connecticut ?

Wait, what are the door release handles supposed to look like? Mine are at about that angle.

Mine are also black plastic, which I've never found an explanation for.

right after he bought the car from chris, he started selling parts from it...i bought the 320 sports wheel it had on it...had i known what he was gonna do, i'd have tried to convince him to take my money and keep the steering wheel....

charley...i wish you had bought those wheels...given them a better life...somebody likes it...9 bids

i'll feel better after i puke

The steering wheel looks hideous. I once had a front spoiler and almost bought a original Zender rear spoiler for my roundie. Took it off. It just did not look right on my Tii. But, whatever floats your boat.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Normally i'll defend the "Bodykit" crowd - black wheels, flares, and ne steering wheels aren't cardinal sins in my book. Personally, I hate trailer queens. I can appreciate the Q-tip crowd, but not to the extent where "originality" takes prescident over the spirit of the car.

I can completley and honestly say that every change made to this poor 1600 was a bad one.

I recall seeing the car for sale earlier, and I loved the stock look with upgraded wheels. From the looks of the previous auction listing, that car needed nothing.

Crying shame.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

It doesn't look like the auction '02 was in that good a condition before the current owner anyway, so why not fuck it up a bit.

Here's the original auction info:

http://www.fiorentinodesigns.com/cars/68BMW1600white/68BMW1600white.htm

In my opinion, a really nice car. Only 02 seems to do good work. The only flaw I saw was the nose repair, but it looked okay.

I can't seem to keep my cars stock, but I really hate what has become of this one. After being hosed on my current 02, I realize how important stock or mostly-stock cars are. NOthing worse than repairing someone else's bad taste in "modifications and upgrades". Right now, I can't help but think of what it will take to fill all those holes drilled for the useless flares.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Instead of reading:

"I HAVE SPARED NO EXPENSE ON THIS BMW, WELL OVER $12,000 HAS BEEN PUT INTO THE BMW OVER THE PAST 4 MONTHS"

It should perhaps read....I have spared no PART from this bmw, well over $12,000 has been TAKEN OUT of the bmw over the past 4 months...

Instead of reading:

"I HAVE SPARED NO EXPENSE ON THIS BMW, WELL OVER $12,000 HAS BEEN PUT INTO THE BMW OVER THE PAST 4 MONTHS"

It should perhaps read....I have spared no PART from this bmw, well over $12,000 has been TAKEN OUT of the bmw over the past 4 months...

hahahaha. That's classic!

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Someone will buy it and love it. I personally would not have chosen that car to modify. It looked great as a nice little stocker with tasteful mods.

Personally, I would have kept the car the way it was and found another $1,000 abandoned project car to modify.