• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk side boards on ebay...sheesh! $$$

02fanatic

Please tell me nobody on this list is bidding this kind of money for these things. No slam on Mike, because he's the best, and I'm happy for him...but $116 for used side boards...come on people!

What is happening to our '02 parts prices these days?

Damn, I gotta clean out my basement...I could retire early! :-)

Take a look.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNA%3AMT%3A12&viewitem=&item=230114442490

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

That's right, John, prices are going up!

I'm keeping my collection of those rare, rubber, '73-only rear bumper bracket dress covers under lock and key.

With all this talk about global warming, I might soon be trade them for some ocean-front property in Nevada.

:)

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

They work best in conjunction with photos showing locating tab construction.

A couple years ago I made some patterns and I'm sure I brought them with me out here to the Bay Area...now if I can only find them, LOL!

The panels are single-sided, 3/16" (as I recall) tempered Masonite. The panels are "mirrored," so you really only need one pattern (as long as it's the right side). Just delete the fuel filler hole and remember which side of the panel goes inside the trunk when you make the left one.

if you have an pre mid-'71 car without the wrap around bumpers, you don't need the squarish notch at the bottom for the bumper end bolt.

There is a notch where the tab fits in the upper front corner.

The tab is made of black, heavy, multi-ply paperboard. Back in the day, this may have been called "Upsonboard." I believe it is no longer manufactured, but you can glue several layers of good quality matt board together. It's available at any art supply store - used for matting art for picture framing.

There are held on with two smooth-headed rivets.

Spray 'em grey, with a couple light coats of you favorite, toxic-as-hell, ozone-hole-making, carcinogenic, semi-gloss paint.

They are tricky to install, especially on the right side. Disconnect the rubber fuel filler nick and work the right side carefully. The panel will break between the filler hole and the top edge if you try to flex it too much.

My '73tii panels were rescued from my '73 parts car. The original ones were covered in black plush carpet and look a bit dorky.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com

I haven't tried it, but my'74tii has a few additional reinforcements for the Federal Bumpers. Might be in the way.

You could fabricate some of your own.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

deliawolfe@gmail.com