• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dodging Hail Storm in the Touring

MikeinNC

We came out in the Touring with Humberto and Mim to Asheville NC for the Sharkfest this weekend. We stopped for gas in Black Mountain NC and as we were getting ready to leave it started to storm and suddenly began to hail. For 10 minutes it came down while we were safe under the canopy. Wheeeeee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After it finished

Met up with some street rodders on the way and ran with them till they got tired of 80+MPH pace

Some of the awesome Bavarian machinery in the parking lot (and our baby shark) Tim Jones' sweet 5 series Alpina is up there too

Humberto and Mim's verrrry nice Shark

Tomorrow we tackle the mountains

See yall at the Vintage

I guess I saw you guys playing in traffic about 1:15 heading west between Winston and Statesville. I think its the first time I've seen a Touring at speed in 25 years. Looked super.Its funny, as I noticed the Chevy's also. It was a good day to be in the Swedish pickup/dog hauler, as it came down in buckets later in the day. See you at the Vinyards.

Dave V. in Morganton,NC

Of course these BMWs have sturdier metal than cars today, but what an expensive repair when you've been ball-peened.

When I moved to D/FW in '86 there had been a hellacious storm and area car dealers were stuck eith 100s of severely hail-damaged cars. Must have been before the advent of paintless dent removal.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif