• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay woes...

ClayW

This add actually boasts: "Never been in an accident!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1973-ATLANTIK-BLUE-2002-AUTO_W0QQitemZ140109724825QQihZ004QQcategoryZ42601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But look at the photos:

4416_12_sb.JPG

fa87_12_sb.JPG

Notice the dent in the front driver's fender.

The reserve is $1500. How could this be worth it? I'm gonna venture a guess that the interior is crap, just like the picture of the dash and headliner, so you're looking at a full resto. Bodywork, paint, seals, dash, headliner, carpet and upholstery......and we don't know anything about the running gear.

Now, I'd LOVE an Atlantikblau `73, and I'm even in the market, but I can't imagine giving this guy more than $500.

Any thoughts?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Ah...those are called "bollards".

Either way, the bodywork on this car is going to cost more than a door ding or two would. Not worth over $1000 to me....

I actually do want to see someone buy this car. I just hope they know what they're getting into.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

the guy and ask to inspect it along with my camera. It might not have bondo, but there are plenty of places it could use some. It looks like there's no rear seat from the photos. The dash has had it too. If anyone wants me to check it out if they're serious about buying, email me.

If underneath the car looks anything like the condition under the hood and the rear wheel wells/shock towers, it's a nice car. As previously stated, rust free on the Right Coast is a rare 02 factory option.

1973 02 Colorado

1970 2800CS Florida

1989 325ic Bronzit

i back'd into one of those yellow concrete poles sticking up in a parking lot

About 10 years ago, I did $2000 worth of damage to my friend's brand new Dodge Dakota pickup. The truck had 500 miles on it, and I hung it up on one of those little yellow bastards. Not as bad, however, as years earlier when I was 17 and hooked the family station wagon's right rear fender on one of those things. Ripped the entire fender off, and I was only going about 10 mph. Damn those things!

Anyway, while everyone's over on eBay checking out all the other cars that allegedly have never been in accidents, check out the Isetta for sale under "other." What I find interesting is the seller's Jay-Leno-ish description of all the other cars he (or she) has owned. Ah, so many cars, so little time --

"In my vast collection I have owned and own a real Shelby, museum quality motorcycles, Indian Motorcycle, R.V.s, Jet skis, wood boats, Cobalt boat, pontoon boat, Hot Rods, Muscle cars, Camaro, Mustang, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Scooter, Malaguti, Vespa, Cushman, Ferrari, antiques, Chevy, Buick, Jaquar, Land Rover, LaDawri, Cadillac, SSR, Hemi, Allante, Seadoo, Yamaha, Honda, NSX, Tuner, Toyota, Lotus, Gold, World Record Price, Barrett Jackson quality, convertible, coupe, hardtop, AAR, Cuda, Micro Car, Pontiac, Volvo and this car gets more attention than and of the others."

i actually thought that was/is a very nice car. i'd take dents over rust any day. i love the original blue plates too. this one, i hope, remains in california just for those plates. actually, if it were my one and only, i'd offer the reserve and hope for the best if it were close by.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i might call that rear damage a mishap....i have one similar to it on my f-150 and it's never been in an accident either...i back'd into one of those yellow concrete poles sticking up in a parking lot

Urm... unless you planned to do it I think I'd be tempted to class that as an accident young lady...