• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02s Attack Sharkfest at the Biltmore

MikeinNC

This weekend a few of us joined in the with the Six series guys at the Southeast Sharkfest at the Biltmore in Asheville NC. Eileen and I were joined by fellow 02 Group members Aubrey and Susie Hall in their Agave Tii, Humberto and Mim Marti in their 635 'Shark', Doug and Linda Cain in their beautiful 30Cs, and Tim Jones and friend Jane in their Alpina B9. There were over 100 cars in attendance, about 85 classic sixs, 850s and a few new sixes for a fantastic weekend in Asheville NC. After our adventurous weather on Thurs, Friday morning broke clear and beautiful and it stayed that way the rest of the week

Friday was highlighted by a drive up to the Smokey Mountains to the top, well near the top of Clingman's Dome. Saturday started really early for a picture staging with the Biltmore in the background and then on through the grounds to the winery for the car show with and evening dinner in eclectic downtown Asheville

The highlight of the weekend came when Doug and Linda's coupe was announced to be the "overwhelming winner of the coveted 'People's Choice Award'" (they have a matching 74 Tii also!!)

If you folks in the southeast ever want to hang with a great group of BMW folks, check out the SE Sharkfest sometime

Doug and Linda's awesome coupe in front of the Biltmore awaiting staging for the picture

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Our touring sneaking into the picture

Just some of the beautiful 'Sharks' with one Baby Shark out there with the Biltmore and the mountains in the background

That's Humberto's Alpine white "Shark" in the foreground (photo by the Gump)

Following Doug through the awesome Biltmore Gardens

Our 'classics' were given a front row spot at the concours

Aubrey making some final adjustments

Some of the many 'sharks'

The overall concours winner was an Alpina 'clone' driven to the event all the way from Utah!!! That's painter's tape put on this am for the drive home to prevent 'road rash' Very nice guy

On the drive on Friday, being 'chased' by Tim Jones in his Alpina. When ever he got too close I just 'smoked him' by letting off the throttle

(sorry Tim, just had to say that :)

(photo by Mim Marti)

See all these cars and many more on May 26th at Scott Sturdy's Vintage at the Vineyard, which has become the premier East Coast Gathering of classic BMWs!

.....looks like a great gathering.

Tha PORSCHE 356 club gathers there often

Did they cut down a bunch of trees since 020202 ?

my visit back then-=>

6269.jpg

. . . . NO BLUE TAPE ON MY NOSE !

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

great pics, Mike

It's nice to know that Tourings can hang with the big fish. I think you created a new title "baby shark".

I would love to drive those areas in my Touring. Only visited in rental cars... but beautiful country. Rivals some of the areas in California.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours