• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not digging the flat black look for my 02. suggestions?

PSloan

What color?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What color?

• Golf
    • Siennabraun
    • Florida
    • Nevada
    • Tampico

Yes, Trent (Tilton?) was going that direction with his sahara 02. I know he had at least done the hood and trunk lid in black. I don't know if he ever did the sides. (I think he has his 02 stripped down for new paint at the moment.) I'm not crazy about sahara, but I think the sahara/black combo works. I could probably dig up a picture of Trent's car if you're interested.

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Golf is one of the colors that really make an 02 stand out in a parking lot full of 02's. Make it a color even other 02's look at. Your lucky that that was the original color so it will match up even when you open your hood and trunk.

Guest Anonymous

Satin black is the answer

it's part flat and part gloss...It has a sheen but not a shine.

one trip to home depot ,buy 4 cans of satin black spray paint. set aside one hour of time and wahla.....Satin black finish 2002...low maintenance and it looks great...

the satin will tide you over until you get used to your mortage payments and can afford a decent paint job.

Satin black is the answer

it's part flat and part gloss...It has a sheen but not a shine.

one trip to home depot ,buy 4 cans of satin black spray paint. set aside one hour of time and wahla.....Satin black finish 2002...low maintenance and it looks great...

the satin will tide you over until you get used to your mortage payments and can afford a decent paint job.

This may be an OK idea. If fact, Since im not packing it in my parents garage anymore (or wont be anyways) I intend to buy a 60-80 gal compressor. Maybe I can paint it myself? It's going to be GREAT to not have to roll my car out of a PACKED garage every time i want to work on it.