• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ten days till Bimmerfest on Cinco de Mayo in Santa Barbara

Gordon

Who from Non Cal is going to BF this year? I asked Jon, the BF organizer if BF was going to put all classic BMW's (76 and earlier) in the same spot as they did last year. No response yet. If no response, lets plan on parking where we did last year, immediately to the right when we came in to the Earl Warren Showgrounds. Look in the archives to see the pics and stories about last years BF.

If you never have been to BF, it's unreal. Last year there were about 1500 BMW's there to include over 300 M cars. The vendors will be out in force and try to sell you lots of high performance mods, but very little of it concerns old school BMW's. Some of the newer BMW's have stereo/video systems costing more than my entire cars, insane.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/events/2007SB/2007sb.php Promoted as the largest BMW event in NA. Check out the registration stats, only 18 2002's so far, last year we had about 30 there. There are currrently over 200 E36 & E46 M3's that have registered for BF 07.

You'll never find a hotel room in Santa Barbara this late in the game unless you have real deep pockets. For BF attendees who are starting to panic because you can't find a place to stay in SB without taking out a bank loan to pay SB lodging rates. May I suggest that you try Lompoc in North Santa Barbara county. Lompoc is only 45 minutes away from SB, it has a Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, Quality Inn and a few other motels. Lompoc is on Hwy 1 so its a short beautiful drive down to SB and rates are much cheaper than SB. Another suggestion is Beullton, you can stay in the inn made famous in the movie Sideways.

G-Man

Who lives in N Santa Barbara county, an hour drive to SB.

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I will be there. The only thing that would keep me away would be if my daughter goes into labor early with my first grandchild.

Do we need to organize some sort of SoCal caravan, and a way to meet up with the NorCal 02's? I know Pierre can't make it this year, so we are on our own. We should be able to get our own area again this year, but I think that would require us to get there a little early. Keep this thread bumped and get a head count.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Steve and Gordon,

I'm considering attending, but haven't committed yet. if there is not going to be a separate area for "vintage", that will seal it for me and I won't attend.

Who else from so cal is going?

John Capoccia

Sierra Madre, CA

Steve and Gordon,

I'm considering attending, but haven't committed yet. if there is not going to be a separate area for "vintage", that will seal it for me and I won't attend.

Who else from so cal is going?

I am sure we will have a "vintage" area. I know the organizers like having us there. And it is nice having a "gathering" without having to do all the organizing. We need to start rattling the other SoCal "web" connections. Nobody decides until a week before. Sometimes the day before.

hope you can make it.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

i'll be there. arriving with Gordon!

I will be praying for you. Make sure he stays away from Craig's List before you meet up with him.

HAHAHA! ;-]

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

No kidding on late registration - I still need to register. I think there may be a few regulars from Cars & Coffee who will roll up for Bimmerfest.

When and where is Cars & Coffee now, Still Irvine?

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

Steve,

Yup - still down at Ford's Premier Auto Group HQ in Irvine. Ray & I usually show up with our Tii's.

Ray???

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!