• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(nt)

Brent

Oooh! I've been tempted to drop a v8 in the e30 and move my s50 over to the 2002 but your idea sounds like it would be a lot more fun!

74 tii m20 stroker 2.8 turbo (2 more cylinders coming soon)

87 s52 powered 325"e"s

05 2500HD for Towing

99 M Coupe

01 525it

I dont think there will be any clearance problems since the steering box is no longer in the way, and i have block hugger headers but im not sure if they are going to fit, as for clearance between strut towers there is tons of room considering the width of the engine from head to head is only 19.5" and i have 32" between the strut towers. I think the hardest part of the swap is going to be making enough room for 2.5" dual exaust, i will probably have to widen the intire tunnel or notch the floor boards either way metal fab is my favorite part of my job, it will fit one way or another.

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering if you plan to sell you custom front sway bar, or can you make one for the rest of us.

Alson are you going to use that MSD 6A with the conversion?

Just thought I ask, thank you for your time.

J.E.2002

I completly changed my mind on the m20, Im just not happy with the way it looks and how far forward the weight is, instead I bought a ford small block 289ci with 10.5 :1 forged pistons, nife edged crank, gear drive, bored 40 thousanths over, solid lifters with roller rockers, ported polished high flow heads, big ass cam, it will be in the 375-400hp range and weighs about 400 pounds. I am going to mate it to a tremec t-5 5-speed trans out of a newer mustang gt and it will have a one peice drive line with out a guibo and center bearing and will connect to a 373 lsd with e30 subframe. I am going to eliminate the brake booster and use a wilwood brake pedal essembly, build a new front subframe to hold up to the power and finish my rack and pinion cross member. I will put pix up soon.

That is awesome!! The ford smallblock is an amazingly compact powerplant, only a few lbs heavier than the m20, and easily twice the power as you know. I measured one with stock exhaust manifolds and it came out at only 18", although id trust your measurement since youve got the motor there. If i recall correctly, it is also about 3" shorter than the m20. I read the weight is more like 425lbs, but thats still not bad given the amount of power and if you can slide it back far enough against the firewall (gotta love the front-mounted dizz) it shouldnt mess up handling too much. it will be easy enough to steer with yer right foot anyways. I cant wait to see more!!! :)

Brent,

I am excited, and anxious, to learn more about your FORD conversion. I was telling a buddy about it, and it happens that he has a "built" 289 that he'd like me to have.(buy)

SO, it'll be very interesting for me to follow your progress. I have several "spare" 320i bodies, so I suppose one of those will be the recipient of the 289.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti