• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2) minor H2O pump weephole drip-how long till self destruct?

Paul7002

Hi--mine started this too--I noticed a few drips over winter storage and after 2 break in drives this week, it still "weeps" -- I think CD said to "drive it" in an earlier post. I just had the cooling system apart last summer for hoses and radiator..I was not looking forward to taking it all apart again.

I'm trying to decide if I can make it to V@V and back before changing.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

to change the water pump: take a spare pump, the gasket, a bucket to drain the coolant into and sufficient tools to do the job. Murphy's law says if you have 'em with you, you won't need 'em.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

change it under controlled conditions like your garage or do a roadside "adjustment".

No real reason to put it off, the new one will last you another 20 years so extending the life of the old one really does not buy you much.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

But you're right of course. It would be a no brainer except that my Garage is curently a freshly poured slab and that's about it. Of course, that still better than doing it my little shed (See this month's pic in calander)

Paul in Richmond
'70 Chamonix
'85 535i, 2000 R1100R

around On Star Mike Pugh on a road trip, he will never let you forget it.

By the way, the picture of your car in the little shed is one of the best I have seen!

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5