• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intake manifold water hose is incorrect, help needed

OK, I got my water hoses today from Blunt (thanks you rock) in order to finish up my cooling system redo and the hose that goes from the water pump to the intake manifold is not correct. It's not bent and the part I got is just straight. Take a look at the pictures of my set up.

Radiatorhose1257371phx1236015.jpg

Radiatorhose1257371phx1236014.jpg

Radiatorhose1257371phx1236006.jpg

Radiatorhose1257371phx1236007.jpg

The part I ordered was 11531266474, show as part 2 in the linked diagram

REALOEM link

I looked at the old hose and saw the following code, with the BMW logo

1257 371 Phx 1236

I've never seen letters before in the part number and the 12 coding in the begining is usually for engine electrical systems... right

Help is needed, thanks, Brian, 1973 Malaga

I had the same problem when fitting new hoses to my 68 2002 with a later intake manifold/ Weber 32/36. The hoses I ordered for my production date came with the straight hose, exactly as you have pictured. fortunately I had a stash of unlabeled NOS hoses and matched up the old one to the right one I had on hand. I believe that the waterpump to intake hose on the later 2 barrel carb intake manifold is what you are looking for. -- diagram #2, PN 11531266465.

Adding to my fun-factor, the heater inlet/outlet of my early car is smaller, which made the correct hose too small to be fitted to the later intake manifold--I had to substitute the bigger hose and hope for the best. So Far, no problems.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

Guest Anonymous

Getting the correct hose is always helpful but not all that critical.

Improvisation is the word of the day for these cars. Do yourself a favor. Go to a home improvement center or hardware store. Take your new hose with you. Go to the plumbing section and find yourself an thin copper elbow with the same inside diameter of your hose. With a couple of extra hose clamps and a knife . . . well you get the picture.

THis works equally well with the hose that fits the bottom of the 320 radiator.

On the rimspoke scale of difficulty where 1 is easy and 10 difficult, I would rate this a 2!