• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 touring washer NOZZLES>>>>

wegweiser

Yes Virginia...

tourings DID in fact use different washer nozzles. No telling why (different windshield angle maybe?)

I wonder if the touring ones stop working the moment you adjust them - like the standard ones do?

here's the root of my bitterness:

I paid HANDSOMELY for a new pair (TWICE!) on Emily - and they worked for a whole 4 minutes. the original tarnished brass ones withstood all kinds of adjustment / bending....wonder why the whiz bang chrome ones fail so miserably? I haven't had working squirters in 3 years *sigh*

paul

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Yeah Paul....that's a bit of interesting trivia....I really didn't think it was a "kluge", since it looked so neat and tidy - looks "factory" indeed. Now, I just want to know "why" they did that...Bill Williams...you are assigned the task of researching this one out! :-)

Where's Michel Potheau when you need him? He'd have the answer for us in a nano-second! Damn, I miss that guy!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Just an FYI to touring owners..... I have a few NOS never used sets of glass complete in SoCal..... Just in case you ever need them. I may also have a used set complete.

jb

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

You learn something new about these cars everyday.

So why does my non-tii Touring have a cut out on that metal plate between the nozzles? I thought it was only on tiis.......maybe not!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

You learn something new about these cars everyday.

So why does my non-tii Touring have a cut out on that metal plate between the nozzles? I thought it was only on tiis.......maybe not!

yep - didn't know that about my nozzles either! Thought all 02's had that cut-out - it's for the central hood catch.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Thought all 02's had that cut-out - it's for the central hood catch.

Hi Nick. I didn't explain that too well; I meant the other cut out on the edge where the hood seal touches.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Hi Nick. I didn't explain that too well; I meant the other cut out on the edge where the hood seal touches.

never noticed any differences - I'll have a look next tiime I'm in there, but I "think" my Touring has this as well.

Presumably 'our' nozzles are longer in order to hit the centre of the canted back screen. I'l compare them against my 1600-2

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Amazing....with "bigger roundies" and "longer Nozzles" we got everything covered....Tourings really are unique. Now I have to go to the garage and check out the engine bay again.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Thought all 02's had that cut-out - it's for the central hood catch.

If I understand you correctly, that cut-out is for tii's starting in '73 to be able to set the timing and see the timing ball hole atop the tranny....why it's on a non-tii is beyond me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"