• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about a caravan from the South Bay to Palo Alto

Davin's post for the North Bay caravan reminded me that I was going to try and gather the South Bay 02ers together for breakfast or even coffee before the final stretch to Palo Alto.

Off hwy 85 on Steven Creek there is a Hobee's restaurant (21267 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, CA 95014 - across from De Anza College) They open at 7:30. A few of us San Jose guys were planning on meeting there for breakfast before the show to grab a bite to eat.

If anyone would like to join us before the final stretch to Palo Alto shoot me an email - my72tii@gmail.com

I don't think they take reservations but if we get there early enough there should be plenty of tables open. Or like I mentioned there's also a coffee place next door.

http://www.hobees.com/cupertino.html

Please feel free to also just reply to the post to see who would be interested in meeting up there.

ps... I really, really hope my car will be finished in time ;)

rub it in Brian...

i'm peddling as fast as i can. armond and my brother helped me install the engine/5spd tuesday evening. i just got tires mounted and balanced on my repainted steel rims.

got the following to do:

hook up shifter, driveshaft, differential and halfshafts.

hook up clutch line

connect accelerator linkage.

install alternator, belt, radiator, hoses

reassemble solex single barrel and attach

install seats, seatbelts, visors, glovebox

sort out rear battery hookups

connect headlights/tailights

finish trim installation

install doors and hardware, windows, door seals

bleed hydraulic system

install trunklid and hood and related hardware and wetsand (maybe)

it's Finals time all over again, and the term paper is due on the 19th

(i know, get off the computer and get to work... will do).

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Brian,

Are you running lean or rich or none of the above

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I might be up for the drive. I'll be coming down from the East Bay side but could try to hook up with you guys. Jerry, drop me an email if there's anything I can help you out with to get your car back together in time. trichardson AT clifbar DOT com.

thanks for the generous offer tom. right now my biggest obstacle is sorting through my pile-o-crap for the missing bracket, bolt etc. i thought i was more organized than this, but...

for example, didn't realize that out of ALL the neatly organized nuts and bolts i have, i have to scavenge one from another car to install the alternator. it's a unique size. stuff like that is driving me nuts.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Brian

I am in for the drive up I also called Mojo (Daniel) to see if him and his family of 02ers are down.

see you there....

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Davin's post for the North Bay caravan reminded me that I was going to try and gather the South Bay 02ers together for breakfast or even coffee before the final stretch to Palo Alto.

Off hwy 85 on Steven Creek there is a Hobee's restaurant (21267 Stevens Creek Blvd. Cupertino, CA 95014 - across from De Anza College) They open at 7:30. A few of us San Jose guys were planning on meeting there for breakfast before the show to grab a bite to eat.

If anyone would like to join us before the final stretch to Palo Alto shoot me an email - my72tii@gmail.com

I don't think they take reservations but if we get there early enough there should be plenty of tables open. Or like I mentioned there's also a coffee place next door.

http://www.hobees.com/cupertino.html

Please feel free to also just reply to the post to see who would be interested in meeting up there.

ps... I really, really hope my car will be finished in time ;)

what time are you thinking of meeting up? :)

Okay guys, we have a week.. I may not be driving the Golf in the caravan but I will be a passenger with Julio or my buddy Alex.

Heck, I may go rent a trailer... My car is still giving me issues and unless I get them straightened out I just don't see risking driving it.

Breakfast is still on for those that would like to meet up before the show.