• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(nt)

Brent

Nice job, i like the way you turned the Battery, saves a little room. and the ground connection is good idea, nice touch on the right side.

However i dont think i would buy this particular design. That room you saved is now lost, as the whole area next to battery is now not very accessible, should have just mounted battery in middle.

how about a design that will hold battery, brace towers and still be able to use the area as real trunk space. prefer bolt in type, battery in either corner.

Hope i am not too harsh, but you asked.....

frank

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

I agree with Blunt. The web should also just have a few holes (large to small) insted of all those little ones all over the place.

Otherwise, nice job.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I have made them all different ways, with the battery in the middle and off to either side, I build them to the customers rough idea and then make it my own design. Thanks for the input, Brent

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

This bar can easily be bolted in the way I made it, it just needs a few holes drilled in the ears and the battery tray.

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

Like I said this is a one off for a customer and I can easily change the design, I like to make each one a bit different so everyone has something more unique, since most everyone has the same bar in trunk. I ask about $200 plus or minus about $50 for the bars I build depending on the design, if some people dont want the battery tray or just want a simple bar to go across it would be less, I do all custom fabrication so if you give me a design you want I can build it to you specs for a little more money.

'75 e12 Custom

'81 euro 635csi

'68 2002

'74 2002

bk_burnout@hotmail.com

I love the offset design. I would like battery on passenger side too. I think the bigest complaint I have about my TEP set-up is the loss of trunk space. This would not be as big a problem but I can see it. The space. Sitting there. Only blocked by thoes little bars. Can I put my tools there? Can I put some duct tape and oil there? Yes but it would roll around and manke nois and et lost etc.

You should incorporate some disign that lets people have usefull space. Even if you weld a metal locker or a file cabnet or even a curtain to your bar obscuring the inaccesable space that it would be better. If you market these I would put it into my next 2002.

Just my thoughts. I agree, nice bead on that weld.

Steven

1976 2002, 5-speed, daily driver (CA,NM,FL,IA).