• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the worst that could happen?

Its fuel or spark. When I go full throttle the car goes pretty good. If I go half throttle it stumbles and feels like its running into a wall. Its driving me nuts.Cap, rotor ,plugs , wires all new. I just rebuilt the head. no leaks in the lotor. The booster is bad and had a leak but I disconnected it. I cannot get the engine to run right. The bottom of the motor is from a Tii and the head is the E12 from a 2002. The distributor is also from a Tii. I set the timing at 1450rpm at 25 deg adv.

Know the car ran really good with the choke partally closed off and the booster leaking air into the system. However when I fixed all the leaks the car runs like crap. This seems to me that I have a weak spark. The only thing in the system not new is the coil. I also am running a Pertronic electric ignition with the blue Bosch coil. I really need some help on this one. I also pulled the plugs and they are brown in color. To add to this I only live about 1/4 of a mile from work and short trip the car every day.

At the ' 93 O'Fest in Northern CA I destroyed a cap & rotor by turning well over 6500 rpm in the autocross. A guy drove me into town to the local auto parts store where I picked up cap and rotor for a VW that fit my tii distributor fine, and the car ran fine all the way back home (1,200 mi.) til I could get a correct c & r from Carl Nelson. I don't think that's your problem.

Bob Napier

Try throwing the points back in. My 76 with 32/36 improved greatly without the Pertronix. It must have gotten fried at some point, and points solved the problem. A cheap fix and worth a try.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Guest Anonymous

Excuse my ignorance, but how would a tii distributor cap differ from a standard distributor in the first place?

My understanding is that all the bosch 4 cyl distributors are essentially the same other than internals advance curves and vacuum advance. Aside from the notch or lack of one, in my limited experience all of the caps are the same. Similarly, except for the rotors with rev limiters, they are the same.

Agree with the suggestion regarding the use of points by the way.

Good luck.

Tried new cap, rotor, points. No change. I have a known good carb on the way and tomarrow I will OhM out the wires and try a know good coil. I don't believe the wires are bad but will do this just to confirm it.

I think your headed in the right direction with the carb, if the low or high jets get clogged with junk/dirt/whatever it will never be giving the consistent required fuel needed. I don't know if there's an automatic choke or not but that could play havok as well, to rich to lean.

Just an idea but check your spark plugs that their the right ones that they have the proper gapping. or just thrown in a new set.