• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you guys think of this temporary bra for the trip?

mtriple

yes the "trip" this Friday. Any experience with this product? I am thinking about getting the clear one and taking it off when I come back. My front paint is in good condition and I do not want to abuse it on the trip to bay area.

Click http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shield.html

TIA

it sounds interesting,,,,,,,, but they sell "permanent" clear stick-on (not really permanent) film-type "bras" that can protect from huge rocks not just bugs and stuff. mom was considering it for the camry....

in any event try it and let us know how it works ;)

It looks like it only works for bugs and dirt. Not much rock protection though. Which is usually the only thing that can really hurt paint. You are welcome to borrow the "bra" from my 76 if you like. It looks like the one John has on his Golf Tii in the pic I posted in the Caravan thread. They tend to flap around some, which just annoys me so I won't be using it on the touring. I've made the run North a few times now, and usually just hit bugs, which clean off pretty easily. Most of the rocks seem to aim at my windshield.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I've always thought about calling up BavAuto and buying into the permanent clear bra. Just not sure if they can make it for an 02. I never inquired yet but that would be a good alternative and it would help you against highway chips.

go to bavauto and put in "P2109" (without quotes) in the search and the item will come up.

It looks like it only works for bugs and dirt. Not much rock protection though. Which is usually the only thing that can really hurt paint. You are welcome to borrow the "bra" from my 76 if you like. It looks like the one John has on his Golf Tii in the pic I posted in the Caravan thread. They tend to flap around some, which just annoys me so I won't be using it on the touring. I've made the run North a few times now, and usually just hit bugs, which clean off pretty easily. Most of the rocks seem to aim at my windshield.

Thanks for the offer :) How does it flap around? I know some bras are not very nice to the paint and all.

So are you saying that a bra might not be necessary? (Yeah thats always a good thing isn't it :))?

thanks

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

I've always thought about calling up BavAuto and buying into the permanent clear bra. Just not sure if they can make it for an 02. I never inquired yet but that would be a good alternative and it would help you against highway chips.

go to bavauto and put in "P2109" (without quotes) in the search and the item will come up.

Thanks Mars, I'll look it up!

A fellow showed up at Sharkfest with a car that won some first place prize and swears by Blue Painters Tape.

Put it on

Take it off

Throw it away.

Repeat on way home......

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Maybe it's just me, but if I were ~that~ concerned, I'd use and enclosed trailer instead of driving it.

Yeah I wish I was ~that~ concerned as well :) its just good condition, not concourse by all means!

may be one day!

On a second thought, blue tape method is not a bad idea at all in regards to simplicity and time. Might go for that actually.

Thanks everyone!

Now if you have a LOT of tape this might solve your problem.

123.jpg

You can check out my "flappy old bra" when you come thru SB Friday. Welcome to use it if it would help.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

On a second thought, blue tape method is not a bad idea at all in regards to simplicity and time. Might go for that actually.

Thanks everyone!

Now if you have a LOT of tape this might solve your problem.

123.jpg

You can check out my "flappy old bra" when you come thru SB Friday. Welcome to use it if it would help.

hahahaha.. I drew a Honda emblem on the back of that car :)

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

That fellow drove from Utah to NC to attend Sharkfest.

Last year he drove his other car:

2386484_1_full.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386484

Cheers,

Ray

A fellow showed up at Sharkfest with a car that won some first place prize and swears by Blue Painters Tape.

Put it on

Take it off

Throw it away.

Repeat on way home......

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.