• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your colorful opinion

Exterior Color  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Exterior Color

• White
    • Black
    • Silver
    • Red
    • Other

I am starting on my '75 2002 this weekend. This is a full resto/track car project.

Lots of coverage to come, but first I need some opinions.

The car is currently white, but I am blasting the entire car so that is irrelevent. You can choose a color in the pole, but my second concern is under the hood.

I have seen engine compartments that are left flat black, and some that are exterior color. I am leaning toward the flat black, what do you think?

It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries

i'd paint the engine bay a light color. doesnt get so hot when you're leaning/working on it in the sun, and also, if there's a small water, oil, exhaust leak spraying out, it's ez to spot.

129_2993.jpg

sorry for jacking the thread but charlie. your car looks really nice. great work

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 3 weeks later...

We always painted our engine compartments and race car interiors with gloss medium grey enamel back in the late 70s and early eighties...

It would look reasonably clean w/o scrubbing and the gloss surface could be wiped down quickly.

I remember seeing the the Huffaker Group 44 cars with their interior and trunks painted with "trunk paint"...white/grey splatter or "multifleck paint" made by "Zolatone." Durable fersure, but harder to keep clean than gloss.

If it's grey in the engine compartment, you can choose any exterior color you want -- even white -- and it'll still look good with a bit of road or track dirt on it.

Cheers!

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com