• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sway bars are a pain in the ass

BLUNT

i remember having a little bit of difficulty installing them on my orange car with subframes on the bench. i have the rear subframe out of my 69 and that went ok but putting the front one in took me almost 2 hours. i had to keep taking it out and adjusting the tabs on the subframe. someone ran over something big at some point in this car. the subframe was grazed and it bent the sway bar tabs all to hell. it also hit the passenger side rear subframe main attachment bolt and bent the hell out of it. i heated it up and straightened it and it appears to be ok. today it got new bilsteins,ireland stage 2's, big sways and all new steering components. varcos sending me subframe mounts and a few other things and then it all goes back together. front struts were both totally blown (no help from me cutting the springs im sure) so it should really make a difference in the way it drives

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

it's comforting to know i'm not the only one with thumbs for fingers. i had difficulty with both sway bars. why i waited to install them with the subframes mounted i'll never know. to think i had front and rear subframes on my bench at one time. we constantly learn how NOT to do things with these cars.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

C'mon Blunt. I rebuilt my entire front end a couple weeks ago and even did urethane end links and mounts on my sway bars, and I have an A/C compressor to deal with. Only took me one hour, 17 cuss words, 2 pinched fingers, dirt in one eye, one ripped t-shirt and a big hammer and they popped right in!! Nothing to it!! Good luck my friend.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

yeah, now that they are all in i can say it was a piece of cake but this car took a beating underneath at some point. i wonder if i didnt drive this car in my youth in another life. i was hard on stuff and had a knack for going off the roadway

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com