• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheels - standard vs custom

Hey fella, where abouts in London are you!?

Personally, I like the Alpina wheels - there is a set going on ebay at the moment I think which has the correct offset etc etc. I havent seen them though so I can't say whether they are decent or not. They certainly look it though

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-2002-ORIGINAL-ALPINA-STYLE-ALLOYS-JUST-REFURBISHED_W0QQitemZ260118911026QQihZ016QQcategoryZ9888QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jon

Currently not.. in Amsterdam for work - but normally in Clapham.

I saw another set of those which went for a bit less. quite like them.. but also though of some Mattig dark steel rims.

Only decided to buy the car a week ago so really haven't done much homework on them at all.. but already love the thing!

E30 steel wheels...easy to find in Europe/England, 14 inch, so better tire selection and the correct offset. Paint 'em silver, use the little center caps and they look very much like the old steel Alpina (Borrani) wheels but in 14."

cheers from the Colonies

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

get some BBS deep dish 3 peice.Well thats what I want.lol

Also I might be moving to France. Where to look for good 02s in Europe? Im already looking at mobile.de, AutoScout, and europian Ebays. Anything else? Or should I just wait till I get there a look? I wouldent mind going to Germany. I want to see it all, and wouldent mind driving south from Germany. aloha Chris

Post a picture of your car. Most stock 2002's look great with stock steel wheels. I would suggest getting them media blasted and repainted (you can paint them yourself).

Lowered cars look better with custom wheels but go with a vintage style not a modern style wheel......please.

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

Currently not.. in Amsterdam for work - but normally in Clapham.

I saw another set of those which went for a bit less. quite like them.. but also though of some Mattig dark steel rims.

Only decided to buy the car a week ago so really haven't done much homework on them at all.. but already love the thing!

Used to be a Claphamite myself - just off Landor Road in the crappy end of town. Wheel choice is very personal and also depends a lot on the rest of the car. One of my favourites is the original 02 alloy, now reproduced and available quite reasonably from Walloth and Nesch.

m20.jpg

http://www.wallothnesch.com/e/frameparts.htm

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg