• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've got the money...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...just not the time, or desire really, to restore one. But I've got it bad, 2002-i"tii"s and nothing else will do 'till I find one. I've been cruising the boards for well over a month now, driving myself nuts-reading, looking, trying to find one. Trouble is, I'm in the SE and they're not to be found. At least nothing that's been "completed"--restored, low mileage original, etc.

Damn you guys and these 2002's!

Recently I stumbled across "2002AD"--located in Cali, I'm sure you folks know them, and was curious to know if this is my best option. Looks like less than a grand to have it shipped.

Build date prior to '70 would be ideal as I have a desire to rally in next year's Great American Race, but I certainly could find something else for that.

Interested in your thoughts.

*Fantastic source, fellows. Keep up the good work.

If you've got the money, then 2002AD is the place. I see them as over-priced but I also have seen some BEAUTIFUL cars come out of there. Be sure to show off whatever you find yourself purchasing. We're always up for a little drooling. Good luck!

Matthew

Chastity: the most unnatural of sexual perversions.

74 tii, 99 BMW R1100R, 99 E320, 01 S4 Avant

If you've got the money, then 2002AD is the place. I see them as over-priced but I also have seen some BEAUTIFUL cars come out of there. Be sure to show off whatever you find yourself purchasing. We're always up for a little drooling. Good luck!

Matthew

Dude, what's with the chicks in the avatar? Is the pic small for a reason? We need a bigger pic!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I find 2002AD pretty overpriced; however they do have some sweet rides and if you don't mind spending an extra 3-6k in my opinon on a bone stockthat may be your place. I myself have put way more money into my car than I ever planed on. Everyone likes to give their 02 a personal touch somewhere so keep a little on the side for that steering wheel or sport seats and stereo.

The prices are going up on all the 02s with the tii the most sought after and rarest not including the Turbo. Your non tii is the most upgradeable down the road as far as engine tweaks if you have any plans on that.

I beleive it was our emmisions laws that killed the tii from coming over after 1974, I think.

Ask the guys on here if they know of anyone selling what your looking for because 2002AD is selling at top dollar.

Good luck

Guest Anonymous
I don't know about 2002AD but as for 2002tii the first year for those was 1971 -- so pre 1970 is out for those (as far as I know).

I'm sure you'll find what you want though .. just a matter of time !

I was not aware; thank you for your response.

Time? Now that's something I'd pay top dollar for.

*Any idea on the first Touring. (Crossing my fingers that it's pre-70)

AS

Guest Anonymous

Matthew

I'm sorry, did you say something? (wink)

*Do you agree with the latter post of 3-6K overpriced?

AS

Guest Anonymous
I find 2002AD pretty overpriced; however they do have some sweet rides and if you don't mind spending an extra 3-6k in my opinon on a bone stockthat may be your place. I myself have put way more money into my car than I ever planed on. Everyone likes to give their 02 a personal touch somewhere so keep a little on the side for that steering wheel or sport seats and stereo.

The prices are going up on all the 02s with the tii the most sought after and rarest not including the Turbo. Your non tii is the most upgradeable down the road as far as engine tweaks if you have any plans on that.

I beleive it was our emmisions laws that killed the tii from coming over after 1974, I think.

Ask the guys on here if they know of anyone selling what your looking for because 2002AD is selling at top dollar.

Good luck

Kind Sir,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. "Bone stock" is indeed what I had in mind. I figured 2002-AD charged a premium--I didn't figure it'd be so high though. Thank you for the heads up.

I'll check into posting a wanted ad.

Appreciative,

AS

Time? Now that's something I'd pay top dollar for.

*Any idea on the first Touring. (Crossing my fingers that it's pre-70)

AS

1st Tourings produced in April 71 and they were tii's. Never sold in the US. Good luck in your quest.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

*Do you agree with the latter post of 3-6K overpriced?

AS

I would err closer to the 3 than 6 but that is still too much of a mark-up for me to consider at this point in my (young) life.

Matthew

Chastity: the most unnatural of sexual perversions.

74 tii, 99 BMW R1100R, 99 E320, 01 S4 Avant