• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miscellaneous Marvel Mystery ramblings

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Dear Wickstad:

Is your opinion confined to the red and black can? The reason why I ask is the fact that Marvel Mystery produces a package specifically tailored to airtools. Its a white can with a small conical spout that looks as though its designed to squirt in oiling holes.

Now, I have no idea if that product is any different than the red black stuff for which CD has unbridled passion. But one might think it is the right stuff for the job airtools. Maybe its good for cat's too, but my keepers will only permit me to keep airtools or cats, not both.

Guest Anonymous

Is that true of all rubber? Not all rubber and o-rings are the same. What do you recommend for airtools?

Dear Wickstad:

Is your opinion confined to the red and black can? The reason why I ask is the fact that Marvel Mystery produces a package specifically tailored to airtools. Its a white can with a small conical spout that looks as though its designed to squirt in oiling holes.

Now, I have no idea if that product is any different than the red black stuff for which CD has unbridled passion. But one might think it is the right stuff for the job airtools. Maybe its good for cat's too, but my keepers will only permit me to keep airtools or cats, not both.

I only know the oil by the scent. That minty smell that tells me someone has seriously screwed up. I repair air powered nailguns. They are loaded with o-rings. I know that marvel mystery oil is marketed for air tools. I still say don't use it. I say go home, find your marvel mystery oil, and throw it away.

Obviously this is a light hearted thread, and this is an internet opinion, your mileage may vary, etc. but don't put marvel mystery oil in your nailguns.

I recommend Senco air tool oil, but any company that manufactures nailguns should also sell lubricant. I think it is basically 10 weight non-detergent.