• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Touring turnout in the Netherlands

Hey Les, do we have this many running tourings in the US?

Mike "On Star" Pugh received this picture from a friend of his in the Netherlands

Netherlands.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

That is a pretty cool picture. Looks like about 18 or 19 of them. We could probably come up with almost that many in California if we all could get together at once.

touringsfest2005.jpg

PaloAlto06039.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Hey Les, do we have this many running tourings in the US?

Netherlands.jpg

I know of 42 in the US, but i'm convinced there's a good few more. Finding them is difficult if the Owner's do not frequent this and other '02 Forums.

I had a pic (can't find it now!) of a group of Tourings taken during an event either in Belgium or the Netherlands, that had maybe 40 or more Tourings. The pic was similar to this one, but showing the rear ends of the cars rather than the front.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Hi guys.

I was there and organised the meeting, We had our 25th anniversary.

There are much more Touring’s (running) here in the Netherlands. But not everyone visited our meeting and a lot of them are being restored at the moment. Soon there will be a slide show of the event, be patient……

Jeffrey

BMW 2002 Tii Touring 73

BMW 2002 Targa Cabriolet 73

BMW E28 528i Automatic 85

I really like Jeffrey's Touring. Very clean look with those wheels. I guess The Netherlands must be Mecca for tourings...That would be fun to visit.

The White California Touring with the Rally gear is Daniel's (mojojoy)

ronal009.jpg

We don't have mountains that spectacular in Santa Barbara.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

I really like Jeffrey's Touring. Very clean look with those wheels. I guess The Netherlands must be Mecca for tourings...That would be fun to visit.

That's why I'm going there this summer (ok, that's not why, but it is a side benefit).

Hey, Jeffrey, are there going to be any touring club events in July or August? I'm not bringing my touring all the way from Califronia, but I will be in The Hague.....

[Yesterday my wife said "are you going to buy a car while you're in The Netherlands?" I said "I have no plans to." "Very lawyerly answer" she replies, "but I understand."]